ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 8

Amira

My heels click synchronously with Estella's, Annie's, and Crimson's as we walk to the great hall. We walk through the huge doorways and into the vastly-decorated hall. Silver and light blue strands of confetti hang from the ceiling, they sway to the beat of the music. Snow is enchanted to fall dainty over the dance floor and tables adorned with white tablecloths and little animal ice-sculptures as center-peices.

"It's so pretty," Annie whispers in awe.

"It sure as hell is," I respond in a whisper. Crimson leads us to a table where the Gryffindor fifth-year boys are sitting.

"Hi!" Liam announces cheerfully.

"Evening," Estella hums. Soon the music surges louder and couples start to trickle onto the dance floor.

"Hey Amira, want to dance?" James asks standing up, I smile and grab his outstretched hand. He pulls me onto the dance floor and I put my hands on his shoulders, his on my waist.

"Hopefully this night goes as planned," James chuckles.

I laugh, "nothing ever goes as planned."

"A guy can dream, Amira." James responds, I nod softly and James moves closer to the middle of the floor. He spins me around and brings me back facing him as the beat hums away, who would've thought James Potter a good dancer.

"What is your plan, anyways?" I ask hoping he isn't still hung up on the kiss, which was a dare.

James bites his lip, "I'm hoping Annie and I will dance."

"Oh James! Do you like her?"

James nods slightly, "a bit, yeah."

"Well you should ask her, I'm sure she would say yes," I respond happily.

"You think?"

"Well you are James Potter," I tease. James sticks out his tongue and I laugh as the music slowly quiets and we head back to our table.

"I swear this cake is to die for, like I would literally die for this," Crimson announces dramatically.

"I can think of something else you would just die for," I tease. Crimson looks up in confusion and I glance over to a shortish brunette sitting with Jack. "That boy named Arlo, isn't he hot?"

Crimson looks at him blushes, "oh shut up."

"You think he's hot," I accuse.

"I do not."

"There's no shame in thinking that cute Hufflepuff boy is hot, there are a lot of hot Hufflepuff's," I tease.

"My brother," she groans.

"Yes, him and Arlo."

"Arlo," she whispers. I follow her gaze to where Arlo sits with his feet on the table laughing at something, probably a joke made by one of the others at his table.

"You should ask him to dance," I respond.

"He's Jack's best friend."

"And...?"

"And," Crimson starts, "he's my brother's best friend."

"Ok, you should still ask him to dance with you."

"You should ask Jack to dance," she retorts grumpily

I laugh and roll my eyes, "mmm this cake is good, chocolate, my favorite!"

"C'mon Amira, stop chatting with Crimson, come dance with me!" Reese stands up and holds his hand out to me. I grab it and he pulls me onto the dance floor. I giggle as he wraps his arms around my waist and I twine my arms around his neck.