An intriguing mystery

A large white speedboat roared up to Whale Island . All of Mouseford eagerly awaited her landing . The students , gathered on the platform , craned their necks in the hope of being the first to see the famous person in charge of the new course , while the professors , in full force , crowded on the platform erected in her honor . Octavius de Mousus , the headmaster of the academy, seemed particularly agitated . He kept pacing up and down , harassing the teachers with questions ... first to Professor Mousilda ...

Octavius : Is my tie on straight ?

Mousilda : Perfect , sir .

Then to Sparkle .

Octavius : The stage is big enough , right ?

Bartholomew : Yes , sir .

Octavius : And my speech ? Where did I put my speech ?

Professor Rattcliff handed him a few sheets , shaking her head indulgently .

Paulina : Even the headmaster seems nervous .

Colette : Yeah , this new class must be really important .

The speedboat finished the maneuvers . docking , and on the catwalk at last appeared an elegant and slender specimen of a mouse , whose long , blond hair cascaded over her shoulders wrapped in a soft pink stole . The headmaster immediately attacked his speech , stammering slightly with emotion .

Octavius : Friends , students , colleagues I am proud to present you Professor Ratyshnikov , the leader of our new department of Arts , Music , and Theater ! This is a new chapter in the prestigious history of Mouseford Academy !

The headmaster's words were punctuated by a round of applause , but Madame Ratyshnikov , not showing the slightest smile , stepped forward , looking indifferent . In the midst of admiring murmurs from the audience , Professor Aristoratos handed the rector the case he had planned to give to the new teacher . But Madame Ratyshnikov stopped him dead .

Camille : Thank you for everything , de Mousus , but I absolutely detest these ceremonies ! You should have known better . We have a lot of work to do . There's no reason to waste any more time hanging around here !

Octavius was petrified . She walked to the parking lot . After a few minutes of embarrassment , everyone made their way to the academy . The Thea Sisters were surprised at the abrupt tone in which the new teacher had addressed the headmaster .

Paulina : That was weird...

Nicky : I wonder what was inside that beautiful box...

Pamela : Hmm...Yeah , me , too .

Paulina : I'll bet it was a special welcome gift .

At the same time , a gleaming red car slowed nearby , driven by Bartholomew Sparkle , who began to park it . Pamela took the opportunity to greet him and question him as she hoped he would help unravel the mystery of Mrs. Ratyshnikov's astonishing arrival at Mouseford .

Pamela : That was strange ceremony don't you think , Professor Sparkle ?

Bartholomew : Of course , none of the staff expected the ceremony to be cut short like that . Thought the headmaster did warn us that Ratyshnikov can be more prickly than a porcupine !

Violet : So de Mousus already knows Ratyshnikov ?

Barthlomew : That's right , I've heard he and Ratyshnikov were fast friends back when they attended Mouseford together . But then something happenned , and she left the academy very suddenly , without graduating .

Colette : Do you mean Professor Ratyshnikov quit ?!

Bartholomew : That's was they say , but unfortunately that's all i know about it . Well , I must be off . I'll see you in class , kids !

After that the professor drove away .

Pamela : So the headmaster and Professor Ratyshnikov have known each other since they were very young , but then something happened to separate them...

Nicky : Uh-huh . Don't you want to find that ? I'm more curious right now .