Boomer's tale

Meanwhile , the Thea Sisters walked through the garden and entered the North Tower , which opened directly into the Hall of Records .

Nicky : Look ! Remember ? That's from our first year at the academy ! Do you remember hoe new and exciting it all was back then ?

Paulina : Yeah . And look , there's Thea .

Colette : Just think about how many roads she's traveled since then .

Pamela : And how many we have , too .

In the meantime , Violet had kept looking for the picture of Mrs. Ratyshnikov .

Violet : To find her , we'll need to go back to photos from many years ago . Wait , here we go ! These are the pictures we're looking for !

??? : Are you looking for something , girls ?

It was the voice of Boomer Whale , the academy's handyman rodent . Boomer knew Mouseford's long history down to the last detail , and he took his role as keeper of those memories very seriously . Every day he dusted off all the photos in the gallery , one after another .

Nicky : Hi , Boomer . We're looking for a photo of Professor Camille Ratyshnikov . We heard she attended the academy back when she was young .

Boomer : That's right . I was just a young boy to help my father when he had this job . I remember Miss Ratyshnikov very well . She was a lively young girl who was full of ideas , a bit like you . In fact , she was the one who founded the Lizard Club .

Pamela : Wait , Professor Ratyshnikov created our club ?!

Boomer : That's right , it was completely new and groundbreaking idea . Up until then , the academy had the Gecko Club , which was only boys . Miss Ratyshnikov fought for equality between boys and girls here at Mouseford . Unfortunately , she was up againts a very strict , old-fashioned headmaster .

Boomer pointed to a frame that enhanced the portrait of a sinister , scowling rodent , sporting knives and a big white mustache .

Boomer : He gave Miss Ratyshnikov a challenge : '' If you want a club for your own , you must win a competition againts boys in the Gecko Club ! '' .

Violet : So what did Ratyshnikov do ?

Boomer : She accepted the challenge . But something went wrong during the competition , and she ended up leaving the academy . I never knew what happened , but it must've been something terrible , because Miss Ratyshnikov never came back . It was tragic , really , because she got her wish , the girls's club was founded , but by then it was to late for her to enjoy it .

Thea Sisters thanked Boomer and left the Hall with more puzzled memories than ever .

Violet : So what do you think happened ?

Colette : I don't know...I'm more confused than ever .

Nicky : Me , too...And i wonder how the headmaster was involved .