Chapter 3 ~ Playing the game

I came into my sister's room.

"Hey Tophie, what's up girl." I asked.

"A bunch. The Avatar and his friends came over to ask me to join them but mom and dad said no." She said angrily. "Now I'm pissed."

"Let's go then!"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean pack up your bags and meet me downstairs in five minutes. We'll sneak out and follow them."

I had always been the rebellious one between my sister and I. Sure, her whole "blind bandit" thing was pretty great, but I was always the one in trouble.

"This is why I love you." She said as she grabbed her things.

I chuckled and went to my room to put some essentials in my backpack. A few minutes later, we were put of the house. Toph was using her seismic sensing to find the Avatar.

Time skip - 30 minutes

After some walking, we finally found them. Toph introduced me.

"So here's Aang." She said, pointing in his general direction.

Aang smiled brightly. "Hi!"

"Here's Katara."

She waved. "I'm happy to meet you Y/N."

"Likewise." I said with a grin.

"And here's Sokka."

"Hey."

I turned to look at him. Obviously Water Tribe, with his blue eyes and tanned skin, he was gorgeous.

I think I might have stared. If I did, no one mentioned it. "H- Hi." I smiled like an idiot. "I'm Y/N"

He flashed me his pearly whites. "Sokka, but you already know that."

Oh. My. God. Someone better call the Dai Li because I'm about to faint.

They all got on this huge beast. Toph and I just stood there.

"Come on!" Said Aang as he grabbed Toph's hand.

Sokka gave me his. "Climb on, cutie."

Is he flirting with me? Of course he is Y/N! I mentally slapped myself. Well don't just stand there, take his hand!

I reached over and he pulled me up.

We locked eyes for a second before I  turned away, blushing. Luckily, he probably couldn't see it because it was dark outside.

He all flew on Appa for some time. This was an amazing experience that I would hopefully get to do more often

Time skip - 37 days

After about a month of hanging out with Aang, Toph and I were pretty much part of the Gaang. We had gone on countless adventures together. We had fought Zuko and Azula, two of Aang enemies. We had went to a desert together, we went to Ba Sing Se, we went to Lake Laogai. I had gotten so close to all of them, and my attraction for Sokka became a crush.

After, Katara had gotten kidnapped by Azula, but we managed to save her. Now, we were in the Fire Nation, wearing Fire Nation clothes.

We had stayed in a small village for the past few days. However, due to our financial problems, we hadn't eaten much, except for some berries Sokka had found.

Toph and Aang were practicing earthbending, while Katara was tending the fire. Sokka and I, the nonbenders of the group, were playing with swords. Well, actually, Sokka was trying to teach me how to use it while I just swung it around.