Come With Me (Alec's POV)

I have never been particularly fond of hospitals. I didn't like them, not even a bit. I didn't have a particular reason or something tragic attached to them, they just weren't my favorite places.

So again... why was I voluntarily inside of one? Of course, Mags asked me to come with him. Since last week's events I was pretty eager to having him checked up by a doctor, just in case.

He had been moving uncomfortably in the seat next to me the whole half an hour we have been waiting for his turn. Then the movement suddenly stopped. Worry was then coming back stronger than ever.

"Magnus? Is everything all right? Aren't you feeling well?" , I asked ready to get up in order to have someone to check him up right away. "Yeah... I'm just wondering... What if I have something... like really serious?" , he weakly replied, voice barely over a whisper. The angels know the things I would do to protect him from anything bad.

"Oh, sweetheart, no need to worry about anything. Whatever it's... You'll always have me by your side. We will sort it out." , I replied completely sure of my words. He seemed to consider what I just said for a bit, a few seconds later, his facial expression changed for a less concerned one, something I was grateful for.

I slowly wrapped him with my left arm in a way to further reassure him that everything will be okay. Which totally worked, because I could feel him relax as he arranged his body over mine trying to find a comfortable position to lay on.

We just seat there for another good 20 minutes or so, till a nurse came and started to call the patients that were before Mags' appointment. The next time she came back, Magnus was the first person she called for.

"I'll wait for you in here." , I said when he was already up from the chair. The reply I was expecting never came as he went directly to the nurse, he exchanged a few words with her before coming back to me again. "What did she said to you?" , I said as soon he was next to me once again. "They said you can come with me to the doctor's office." , Magnus said and looked expectantly at me. "Would you like me to?" , I finally asked when nothing followed his previous statement. He looked at me puzzled for a bit to then say, "Of course I do!" , he sounded incensed.

"You know that never really asked..." , I said trailing off my words but getting up regardless. He just rolled his eyes in a sign of annoyance however he still took my hand when offered. We both got inside the doctor's studio before the nurse was able to rush us in.

The doctor was a young looking woman, her name was Lydia Branwell for what was visible on the ridiculously big amount of certificates on the office's walls. Dr. Lydia, how she introduced herself, received Magnus warmly as if they had already met before and the proceed to inquire about my presence on my partner's appointment.

Been introduced as "my mate" spread some kind of warm and fluffy feeling inside of me. I liked how that did sounded. Miss Lydia, then greeted me in the same way he did to Magnus before. As if we knew each other for a long time, it was weird situation but strangely pleasant.

Lydia then proceeded with a routine examination... blood pressure, sugar levels, reflexes and things like that. A very common check up. However she apparently could tell a lot of things but simple examinations, as she would be profusely writing notes on Mags' expedient whenever she did some basic test. When she didn't have anything else to check up right now, the medic took a few blood samples from Magnus' right arm and then excused herself out of the room as she went to the lab to get them tested.

"Everything all right Magnus?" , he just nodded slowly and seated next to me on the pair of chairs in front of Lydia's desk. A few minutes later Branwell came back with some sheets of paper on her hands.

"Well Magnus, I just have a final question for you and actually it's one for the both of you..." , Lydia say with a sly grin flashing on her face. Magnus and I just looked at each other and then looked back at her waiting for whatever was supposed to follow that. "Magnus... It may be possible that you're pregnant?", she said dead serious. The straight forward question almost made Magnus choke on his own spit and I couldn't stop the laugh that followed his reaction. "Lydia!" was his only reply when he was able to calm himself down. "You perfectly know that we haven't crossed that line yet!", he said, crossing his arms in front of his chest, while pouting with a pretty strong blush still on his face.

"I know, I know, I couldn't miss this chance.", she said smiling once again, the whole scene was kind of surreal. "All right, all right, been serious... Your body had a strong hormonal imbalance. Which caused the fatigue and the increase in the amount of sleep you needed. Good news, is that your body already took care of it so there is no need of a prescription nor pills and you can rest assured that it won't happen again..." , she suddenly stopped, and then the sly grin from before was back, "Unless the answer to my question changes in the future." , she finished then.

I was relieved that nothing was wrong with him. Magnus was too, I just could sense it. "Could you remind me, why do I even have as my preferred doctor?" , said my mate as the atmosphere inside that room became a lot lighter. "You love me and you know it." , was Lydia's reply. The nurse came in to announce that the next patient was ready to come, which stopped the two friends? exchange of words.

Branwell, still prescribed Magnus' some pills, just in case he felt dizziness. Lydia shook my hand and hugged Magnus before going out of the consulting room, action we both mimicked after a bit.

On the way back to Magnus' house, I took the chance to make sense of the strangely familiar treat between the both of them. Mags said Lydia's family have been friend with theirs since he could remember, so they have been around each other since forever.

When it was time to say goodbye, there was another thing I also had to do... So when we hugged for the last time that day I whispered on his ear... "You know... you just need to say the word we could totally cross that line, you and Lydia talked about before" .

"Oh my god! I'm never ever taking you again with me for an appointment with her.", he replied before running inside his house. He surely looked cute when blushing. "I love you Magnus!", I cried out before getting inside my car to drive back to my apartment.

As I started the car's engine an "I love you too." , came from Mags' cellphone.

----

A/N: It's the fact that this published on AO3 in August 2018, for me. I'm part of the Goldfish Span of Attention Gang (TM), so please accept my apologies for that one. I'mma put a reminder on my calendar to add the next [and last part] of this in a few days, I promise. Shoutout to Tracymalec20 for making me realize that this wasn't [as] up to date [as it could be]. Also 2018's Luke says hi and sorry once again.