If You Look Close Enough There's Always More To See (Alec's POV)

Saying that I started to observe him was a understatement. Literally a blatant and straight forward lie. On the other side, I don't remember the last time I watched him at all to be honest.

He was seated next to Simon's partner Raphael. Bane was for sure having a pleasurable time, he was even smiling to whatever Santiago was whispering on his ear. I didn't like that closeness. Not that it was my problem or anything like that. I just found frustrating how that guy could be so friendly with anyone else but me . I mean, based on our relationship I still found hard to believe that a beautiful and shining smile could show up on Magnus' face. Not that you could blame for th---

"Mission Control calling spaceship Alec" , Izzy said trying to gain back my attention. "Spaceship Alec here" , I said in an attempt to make light of the situation. "You're kinda off today big bro, is everything alright? ", I had this tiny conflict between been honest with her or trying to change the topic which would have gotten me an even worse interrogatory, so I decided to go with the first option. "I was watching him" , I said as it explained everything. And in fact, it did, you know that kind of thing when brother can communicate by mere instinct? For sure Isabelle and I had that. As the reply that I wasn't expecting never came I went back to my today's auto assigned task: watching Magnus been Magnus.

Now the smile was gone, he was in fact in rage. Wherever the conversation between the both of them headed now wasn't something he liked to talk about. In fact, he was now my Magnus, the one who isn't happy with whatever was going around him. Yeah, the Magnus I knew. He was even fiercely gesturing with his arms as if the whole point of what he was telling Santiago depending on that. Santiago, who on the pretty pretty far other side of the situation was finding very funny the whole predicament of Magnus. I gotta admit that I was too. It was funny to see the golden skin toned man so immerse on his complaint which based on Raphael's reaction was not as serious as Magnus made it seem it was.

"Not to interrupt your precious observation mission but the lunch is over, Alec" , that was Izzy again. And yeah the whole lunch went by and I didn't even eat a bit of my food. "You may need it to make it up through the rest of the day" , said my sister as she handed me some kind of snack, "Thanks Isabelle, I..." , "Relax, we're having that talk, just not here" . And then she was gone. Her next class was pretty far away from the hall, if she run she could make it on time. I had Economics in ten minutes, it should be enough to eat something fast so I could keep Izzy's snack for later.

If the reason why I was late to my next class was watching him for more than what I should rather than eating, that was something between me and my guardian angel.