Coming Back From Dreamland (Magnus' POV)

"... Go ahead, fucking bite me, Lightwood!"

Next thing I knew, his teeth were cutting deep through my skin. I was expecting pain, a sharp pain followed by some disgusting mockery and that was it. An Alpha showcasing his status, nothing new, he wasn't different at all from the rest of his class. I was right after all... or so I thought.

However, no traces of pain came my way, not even a little discomfort. I didn't felt anything for a moment and then it hit me. So damn hard. It vaguely reminded me of a snake's venom running through my veins and spreading to the rest of my body. This was something else tho, I have had snake bites before and they didn't felt like this at all.

Whatever I was feeling now was different. A bunch of emotions invaded me, there were so many and so changing that I couldn't even distinguish one from the other... they just kept coming one after the other without giving me time to recover from the previous one when the other was here already. I tried my best of focus my sight on the Alpha in front of me, it was a lot easier that what I thought it would be. My whole conception of the world reduced to him in that moment. Nothing else existed, just Alec and me, just us.

--- --- --- --- --- --- 

I woke up to a disrespectful ray of light that filtered through the pair of black? curtains. I was exhausted, I didn't even wanted to go to college today, a day without going there won't make fail my classes so I decided to go back to sleep once again.

This morning my pillows felt softer than what they usually did, I really needed to rest. Even the room temperature was colder that what it usually was but it did felt nice specially since I was feeling some kind of warm today, I probably should take some flu pills before the fever hit me even worse.

I passed out with my face facing towards the pillow to make sure that the damn light of sun won't disturb me once again. I could even swear that the mattress felt different too but I was so tired to even give that a further deliberation right now, going back to sleep was a priority.

--- --- --- --- --- ---  

"I didn't know what to serve you, still I hope you like this Magnus"

Read a note placed next to a full of food tray located near to the bed, ranging from different fruits to a weird cheese I had never seen before in my whole life going through different types of breads and juices, the whole thing seemed expensive, like it was intended to a king or a very important person.

I was puzzled. Even puzzled was an understatement, Why would any of my parents ever do something like this for me? Trying to find some answers I focused once again on the beautifully handwritten note that accompanied the tray.

"I didn't know what to serve you, still I hope you like this Magnus"

- Alec

Uh? Alec? What was Alec doing at my house? Let alone giving me all of this for breakfast. Wait, my house? I finally took a real look at my surroundings. Now I knew why everything felt different today, it was. Wherever I was, it wasn't my room, neither one of the others inside my house. Wandering all over the room, it was crystal clear that this wasn't my house, it was Alec's apartment. The room's setting was similar to the one I have been coming to when we were working on our project.

I was even more confused now. I didn't remember to fall asleep in here, in fact I couldn't even remember to came in here in first place, let alone deciding to stay in here for night. Why would I do that anyways. We just really met after all. I'm not that kind of person. My head was hurting now from trying to figure this out alone.

A piercing pulse coming from my neck took me out of my line of thoughts. It wasn't painful or discomforting but the feeling was strong enough to left me uneasy. I put the palm of my hand over the source of it on an attempt to make it go away. When I tried to put precision over the place I could feel the heat the emanated from were my mating stop was.

That just could meant that,

I wasn't dream after all.