Calling Home Pt. 1 (Magnus' POV)

"Hello grandma!"

"Hello Magnus, glad to hear from you."

"I could say the same thing."

"How is everything going lately?"

"Things have been going pretty good over here."

"It's always a relief to hear that."

"Sure it is. How are you doing? Did something big happened lately?"

"I'm pretty good myself, never been this good in a lot of time actually."

"That's good Mags!"

"Yeah, actually I'm calling in to tell you something..."

"I suppose that it's related to your great mood, isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is... I... Mmmm..."

"... I'm listening, Magnus."

"I, I, I did found my soulmate..."

"That's amazing Magnus! I'm sure that she is a nice person!"

"Well, my soulmate isn't a she but a he. His name is Alec, we have been classmates for I don't know how long."

"Oh, what a surprise."

"Yeah... I wanted to tell in person the next time I went back to Jakarta but I couldn't resist to tell you."

"Oh, nonsense. I would probably be mad if you didn't tell me sooner."

"I will try to be back later on this year."

"Wish you could. But for now, tell me about him, how is Alec?"

"Well, we had a rough relationship before to say the less. I may or may not be evading him for a long time by now."

"So you liked him before even knowing he was your soulmate?".

"Maybe, but I won't admit it, not even under torture."

"You never change, do you?"

"What can I say... He is super kind, an amazing person, really nice and been honest he never treated me like less for what I was or anything like that."

"He sounds like a wonderful been."

"He really is."

"I'm so happy for you, my dear Magnus."

"Thank you."

"So will I meet him soon?"

"That was the other thing I wanted to tell you... I was planning to take him home with me when I came back to visit if you're okay with it."

"Sure, you don't even need to ask. He is part of the family now."

"Great! I'll tell him next we met."

"That would be great, Mags. Tell him I'm excited to meet him."

"I will for sure."

"By the way, Magnus..."

"Yeah?"

"Try to not overthinking things. Soulmates are always right, never ever dare to doubt Destiny, Mags. He will be good for you. Your soulmate is that thing you need and actively looked for without even knowing you were."

"Well... about that... There's a lot more I need to tell you about how me mated."

"I know what I have for grandson. You probably already did, didn't you?"

"If I say no, would you believe me?"

"Not even for a second."

"All right, there's no need for that then... I did."

"Why my dear?"

"Been honest, I don't know exactly. However, it was hard to believe that someone like him would be destined to be soulmates with someone like me."

"Mags, we have talked about this..."

"Yeah, trust me, I'm a lot better about that, since the first time we talked about this... but still grandma, he has been so good to me, even when I treated him so bad. I felt guilty on top of everything."

"What will I have to do with you sweetheart."

"But I'm on way to left that all behind."

"I really hope you do. You deserve to happy too, Magnus."

"Now that I got him by my side... that's a lot easier to believe."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"I'm even more glad to be able to say it."

"I'm really happy for you Magnus."

"Thanks a lot, grandma, I gotta go right now and I know it should be pretty late over there."

"It kind of is..."

"Take care and rest well grandma, I will talk to you again soon."

"Same for you, Magnus. I love you."

"I love you too."

The communication ended, as I hung up the line. Today would be one of those nights in which I couldn't sleep and spent the whole night looking at the ceiling till I passed out exhausted. However, I was glad that reason I couldn't sleep today was my excitement to see him once again tomorrow. Love and soulmates were strange things... they could even make you be excited about going to class... or could keep you awake the whole night wishing the hours went by faster... It was still pretty hard to understand.

Later that night I realized that I didn't need to understand everything