11

When Puck woke up, he showered and got dressed. He went downstairs to start breakfast and found his dad in the kitchen eating burnt toast.

"Morning." Puck muttered.

"Morning." James repeated. "I would've made you breakfast, but I didn't know when you would be up."

"Yeah, it's okay." Puck said. "I'm gonna make some bacon and eggs, if you want some."

"Bacon?" James raised his eyebrow.

"For the girls." Puck clarified.

"Your daughter's not Jewish?" James asked.

"Her mother is Christian." Puck stated. "So she has bits and pieces of both. She loves bacon and Christmas though, just like her mom."

"Christmas is a consumer holiday." James noted. "Valentine's Day, too. They're all about buying things. There's no value there."

Puck looked at Quinn, who had just entered the kitchen freshly showered and dressed for the day. She didn't say anything, but Puck knew she heard James.

"Morning." Quinn said. "Do I smell bacon?"

"Yes you do." Puck nodded. "Have a seat."

Quinn sat down at the counter and looked at Puck.

"So, Dad." Puck began. "You met Quinn the other day, but I didn't properly introduce you so... this is Quinn. Q, this is my dad, James."

James nodded and looked at Quinn, who was looking at Puck.

"Quinn and I have been talking about having you here and we just wanna make sure we're all on the same page." Puck continued.

"Okay." James said, waiting to hear more.

"We'll let you meet Beth as long as you stay away from her." Puck said. "Unless one of us is physically present, you don't talk to her or even go in the same room as her."

James nodded.

"I need you to say you won't interact with her unless me or Quinn allow it." Puck told James.

"Noah, I keep to myself. You know that." James replied.

"I know, but I'm putting rules into place before I need them." Puck explained. "Because if you do anything to Beth or Quinn, I'll kill you."

"I'm not going to." James said.

"Okay." Puck nodded. "Next rule, you don't touch a hair on either of my girls' heads. Ever."

"I wasn't planning to." James told Puck.

"You don't go in their rooms or touch their stuff." Puck added.

"Obviously." James said. "What else?"

"I'll talk to my mom and siblings about you being here when I'm ready." Puck promised as he looked at Quinn. "Did I miss anything?"

"No." Quinn said as she glanced at James. She turned back to Puck, trying to find similarities between him and his dad. "If I think of anything else when my brain wakes up, I'll let you know."

"Alright." Puck nodded as he put a plate of food in front of Quinn. "Eat. I'm gonna go grab Beth."