6

Puck led the way inside. The girls were holding hands and following behind.

"Puckerman!"

"Hey, Paulie." Puck waved. "How are you?"

"Good, good." Paulie nodded. "You know, everyone was placing bets on when you'd be back. I think one of the girls was right."

"I'm just giving my daughter and her mom the tour." Puck answered, gesturing to the girls. "This is Quinn and Beth. Q, Beth, this is Paulie."

"Nice to meet you." Quinn smiled.

"Likewise." Paulie responded.

"Hi." Beth waved shyly.

"Hi." Paulie repeated. "I hate to run, but I have a phone meeting. It was nice meeting you though. Puckerman, we'll talk soon."

"Absolutely. See you." Puck said as Paulie excused himself and walked away. He turned to Quinn and Beth. "Come meet the interns. They always love asking me about my personal life, so they'll be happy to meet you."

"Okay." Quinn nodded.

Puck put his hand on Quinn's back and led her and Beth down the hall, showing them different equipment and sound booths on the way. Puck explained everything to Beth, who was very fascinated seeing the red lights, instruments, computers, and soundboards.

When they reached the back office, Puck opened the door and stood in the doorway.

"Hey, Noah."

"Hey, JJ." Puck said. "Hey, Eliza."

"Hey! Welcome back."

"I'm just visiting today." Puck responded. "And I figured I'd introduce you to my daughter."

"Finally."

Puck scooped Beth up and looked at the interns. "This is Beth. B, that's JJ, and that's Eliza. Say hi."

"Hi." Beth smiled at the girls.

"She's adorable." Eliza noted.

"Yeah, where does that come from?" JJ joked.

"Her mom." Puck answered, gently pulling Quinn close so that the trio stood in the doorway. "Quinn. Q, that's JJ and Eliza. They're two of our interns."

"His favorite interns." JJ clarified. "It's nice to meet you. You're really pretty, and totally out of Puckerman's league."

"Oh, we're not together." Quinn responded. "But thank you. It's nice to meet you both, too."

"How many interns do you have, Daddy?" Beth wondered.

"Uh..." Puck looked at the girls. "How many are there, ten?"

"For the summer, there's six of us." Eliza replied. "JJ and I have seniority so we're here the most, and we help the others learn."

"Yeah and by the time you're old like me, JJ and Eliza can produce your first album." Puck told Beth.

"Okay." Beth nodded happily.

"B, why don't you let JJ and Eliza show you what they do while I show Mommy some boring work stuff?" Puck suggested as he put Beth down. "We'll be right in the hall though."

Beth nodded as she walked over to the interns and joined them.

Puck took Quinn's hand and led her away. They entered one of the sound booths and Puck looked at Quinn.

"I'm not singing." Quinn shook her head.

"Not today." Puck began. "I just wanted you to see what you feel like in here."

"Why?" Quinn wondered.

"I've been wanting to record Beth for a while, but being that you two are gonna be here for the summer, I was thinking that maybe you and I could record it together?" Puck suggested.

Quinn didn't say anything.

"It'll be more special if it's both of us." Puck continued. "I could let JJ and Eliza produce it and I'll pay to make it, and we could release it as a single. After we give it to Beth first."

"You could do it without me." Quinn stated.

"Just think about it."