9

At Beth's request, the trio spent the day in the yard in the pool. Well, Puck and Beth did. Quinn stayed outside for a short while before excusing herself and going inside.

"Daddy." Beth said softly as she stood at the edge of the pool.

"Yeah, B?" Puck asked, putting his arms out.

"Are you and Mommy fighting?" Beth wondered.

"No, we're just... we're figuring some things out." Puck responded. "But I don't want you to worry because she's okay, I'm okay, and you're okay."

"Okay." Beth repeated with a nod. "Good 'cause I like it here."

"You do?" Puck questioned Beth.

Beth nodded as she jumped into Puck's arms. Puck caught her and gently lowered her into the water, still holding onto her.

"Did you tell Mommy?" Puck asked.

Beth shook her head. "I don't want Mommy to stay if she doesn't like it here, but I hope she does."

"It's not your job to take care of us." Puck told Beth. "It's our job to take care of you."

Beth smiled as Quinn returned to the yard. "Hi, Mama."

"Hi, B." Quinn smiled. She sat down at the edge of the pool, putting her legs in the water as she looked at Puck.

"Beth." Puck said as he smirked at Quinn. "I think Mommy wants to come in the pool."

Beth grinned as she swam over to Quinn and grabbed her arms.

"I'm fine here." Quinn stated.

"Uh uh." Beth said as she tugged on Quinn's arms.

"Let go, Beth." Quinn commanded. "Now."

"No." Beth giggled and shook her head.

Puck could tell Quinn was frustrated so he gently picked Beth off of her and sat her on the edge of the pool next to Quinn. "Give Mommy a hug."

Beth smirked as she wrapped her arms around Quinn, dripping pool water onto her.

Quinn sighed and smiled as she put her arms over Beth's.

Puck gave Beth a look and she let go of Quinn and stood up.

Puck gently wrapped his arms around Quinn's waist and scooped her into the pool.

"I'm gonna kill you." Quinn said with a smile.

"I know." Puck grinned.

Quinn squirmed out of Puck's arms and started swimming away from him as Beth ran around the edge of the pool.

Puck grabbed Quinn's waist and pulled her back to him. This time, he held her tightly.

Beth jumped into the pool, splashing Quinn and Puck in the process.

Puck smiled as he let go of Quinn and grabbed Beth. He put her on his shoulders and held her hands while he walked around the pool.

Quinn smiled as she climbed out of the water.

"Is that a forfeit, Fabray?" Puck asked.

"No." Quinn shook her head as she wrapped a towel around her body. "I'm cold so I'm gonna go shower."

"Forfeit Fabray." Puck said. "It has a nice ring to it."

"Cocky already, but it's still early in the summer." Quinn said, raising her eyebrow. "We'll see how fast that attitude changes."

Puck grinned and high-fived Beth as Quinn headed inside.