Chapter 10: 2 Kool 4 Skool

"Keep the blindfold on!" I hold Brian's arm as we stroll through a path. It's been about a month since we found out we weren't the only humans here. We've done some crazy stuff throughout the past month he's been living with us at the Owl House. We fought crazy one eyed bats, made swords, and dueled each other. I've always had the upper hand on him but last time he nearly broke my arm and won.

"Where are we even going?" He asks." I feel like we're going somewhere I hate." His head bobs around like a bobble head on a dashboard of a car.

"Almost there!" I swerve through some trees, then finally arrive at the end of the path.

"Finally. I-" I take off the blindfold. "I've been not waiting. This isn't a very good surprise." In front of us, Hexside stands gloriously. The sun beams down on the windows, making them glisten.

"It's your first day of magic school!"

"I hate being right."
——————————

I walk up the steps, not awaiting what's inside. I seriously wish I didn't wake up today, because I want to be in my closet sleeping the day away. Luz's face is beaming with positivity, and I tend to hate it in the worst situations. Gotta admit, the building looks hella cool.

"What do you think?" She squeaks. "Do you like surprise?"

"I absolutely despise it!" I reply with a bright attitude. I smile at her sarcastically. "It's really horrible!" I give her a thumbs up.

"Well, your not just gonna see it dummy, your gonna attend Hexside, with me and the guys!"

"How pleasant." I push the doors open and the inside is absolutely stunning. The floors are somehow clean, there's people socializing in a good way, and there's birds flying around. It looks like a palace full of magic, because it's a magic school. Man I hope they have a comedy club here.

"All of your classes are with me and we have Plant and Illusion classes with Willow and Gus at 10 and 11. We have to go to Oracle first. I absolutely hate Oracle. My professor is a-"

"Big pain in the ass? Most professors tend to be if you get the wrong ones."

"Yeah, kinda. He's always serious. It's like he's dead but alive at the same time."

"Haha, I get ya. Teachers are always like that unless they got a family at the school. Other than that, they're miserable no one around cares about them." I follow Luz to her first class. She points to a door which is her Oracle class, and I open the door.

"What a gentleman," she says. She gives a little bow, and I bow back. We laugh a little, until a deep, yet unnerving voice yells at us.

"Why are you laughing, Noceda? And who is your new friend?" He looks at us. His emotionless face stares deep into our souls.

"This... is a new classmate of mine. He's new here. He's from Japan- ah wait no, he's from here."

"Yes, Hexside's newest student since you, Noceda. Very glad you are onboard with us at Hexside." He points to a seat, and I walk to it. I set down my bag of books, spells, and various types of cauldrons. I walk to my seat and set down my bags.

"Oh man, this place is like a cemetery. How does everyone even live?" I grab a random book from my stack and peer it open to a random page.

"Just try not to doze off. He tends to get a bit... aggressive."

"Who's ready to suffer and hear meaningless things about magic?" I lean my seat back and put my feet on the desk. I think I fit right in.

"First of all, you do not fit in."