Chapter 16: The Light Dims

"Fuck!" I punch the wall, rage filling my entire body. "They got away!"

"Don't worry, we'll find them." Lilith embraces me, and I start bawling my eyes out.

"These marks are still fresh," Willow says. "They're still nearby."

"Then we hunt them down."

"No, that's too risky," Lilith jumps in. "We'll be spotted as soon as we get near him."

"Well we gotta do something!" Amity shouts out. "That's my girlfriend they have!"

"And my sister! We need to make a plan then. I suggest we have two groups. One for fighting, and one for busting them out."

"I'm not eligible to fight, if you didn't know." Lilith states at me. I don't really know if she thinks I'm that dumb to remember that she can't to magic, but she is really wrong.

"Yeah I know that. You're gonna come with us as lookout."

"What about the rest of us?" Gus stands up from his chair. "What role do we have?"

"Amity and Willow will be the fighters, and Gus, Lilith and I will be the busters. You guys have got to cover us while we bust them out."

"Sounds easy enough then." He sits back down on his chair.

"It won't be that easy, but we can make it happen. I know we got someone on the inside. Amity, can you get us through those walls?" She looks at me, not even paying attention to what I just said.

"Uh, probably. My mom doesn't know I hang out with you guys all the time, so I should be able to get you guys in."

"Good," I reply. "Gus can use his illusion spells to get us in near you."

"What then?" Lilith jumps in. "We can't just break in and then head out and be on our way."

"Well, we can assassinate Belos, if that pleases you."

"Would be nice actually." We all look over to the castle.

"I wonder what he's doing to them anyways..."
——————————

"Kid? Kid?!" A voice echos in my head. My body shakes in every direction. My eyes can't fix themselves. It's super blurry.

"What is it?" I say in a drowsy voice. I pull myself up from the ground and try to walk.

"Oh thank goodness you're ok!" My eyes finally focus, and I see Eda right in front of me. Shaking my entire body back and forth to see if I was even breathing.

"We're you violently shaking me?"

"Yes."

"Eh, I knew it. How are we gonna get out of here?"

"I don't know, but we need to get out soon. Sometimes, the ground shakes super hard, and I don't know where it's coming from."

"Did anyone pass by?"

"Odalia did."

"Isn't she Amity's mom?"

"Yep." If she's here, and if she's here, she probably here to collect a bounty. She's always greedy, and she always wants something. Head of the Emperor's Coven, Bonesborough's richest person, she has everything.

"Oh great," Eda groans. Footsteps echo throughout the castle. A sharp figure emerges from the shadows.

"Nice to see you both in a cell, at last."