Chapter 17: The Castle Meadow

No.

No!

NOOOOOO!

I clench my fist. I get up from the ground and sip the dirt off my face. My body is burning with hatred and anger.

He took her from me.

"YOU'RE GOING TO FUCKING DIE!" I jump up in the and dip towards him. I reel both my arms back and cast a fireball capable of being held within my hands. I try smashing his skull from both sides, but he pummels me to the ground again.

"You cannot kill me." He lifts his staff upwards, and sends it soaring towards my body.

"Don't hurt her!" Gus smashes into Belos and sends him rolling down a hill. He hits a few trees on the way, but as soon as he stops, he gets back up.

"How is he not dead?" Lilith yells out. "He have to get that staff away from him!"

"How?!" I ask. "He's too powerful!"

"I made him fall down a hill," Gus shouts out. "I don't think he's that powerful."

"If Gus can hit him, then we can too." Willow rushes towards Belos at full speed. She whips thorn-filled vines at him. Most of them do some damage, but only to his cape. He manages to elude lethal attacks and counters Willow with a ice shards. She manages to duck some of them, but the last one manages to do some damage to her right leg. The large gap in her leg starts to turn red. She moans in pain, and ultimately, she falls to the ground.

"NOOOOOOO!" Gus, who is clearly enraged, attacks Belos with his illusions, which do no damage. Belos pops all the illusions, but he doesn't get Gus' actual body, and he manages to land a blow on his face.

"Woah!" Gus lands soft on his feet. His body is filled with adrenaline, and rushed straight towards Belos again.

"Wait!" I yelped, but it was too late. Belos grabs him, and launches him at the same tree he sent him rolling in.

"You insolent brats! I will end you!" He stomps towards Willow, who crawls back in fear. Her leg is still bleeding, and by the time he even gets to her, she'll faint due to the blood she's already lost. Gus can't even move, and I can't move, because I'm afraid.

"LEAVE THE KIDS ALONE!" Lilith dives head first into his chest, and they both roll down the hill. I try to get up, but my arm can't support me. I landed on my head, but my shoulder impacted the ground at the same time. Now it's immobilized, and I can't even feel the pain. I'm gonna feel it later though...

If we even make it out this alive.
——————————

"What the hell happened?" Sharp pain fills every part of my lower body. Bricks and slabs of concrete lay on my legs and my right arm and trapped under a piece of scrap metal. I lift the metal of my arm and try to move it. A large pool of blood covers my arm. I cast a healing spell on the large cut. It's not much, since it's my left hand less prominent hand, but I manage to stop bleeding, but the pain is still there. I can barely move it, but I get it out of the piles of concrete.

I get up, and look out towards the meadow. The hole is still crumbling down, but it's because of all the magic swaying to the castle. There's fighting everywhere. Amity is on the ground, Willow is crawling back towards Lilith, and Eda is nowhere to be found.

"Need a hand kid?" Eda stands behind me, staff in hand. It's not Owlbert, but it's... different.

"Who's staff is that?"