Chapter 11: The Emporer's Plan

I perch myself on the ledge, looking over all of Bonesborough. I take a sip of my apple blood. It must've taken a lot a work for this surprise. It's really heartwarming, and it's been a month. I don't know if I should tell her that this feels rushed or thank you. Maybe I can tell her both.

"You got a minute?" Luz walks up to me, holding a cup of apple blood.

"Yeah, I got time."

"Incredibles reference?"

"Wasn't intending it to be, but sure." She sits beside me and takes a sip of her apple blood.

"What do you think of your surprise?" She asks softly.

"I loved it. I can't thank you enough."

"Aw, you loved it." She nudges my shoulder hard.

"Ow, that hurt." She laughs.

"You're such a big baby." I laugh as well, but my mind then shifts elsewhere.

"Luz... I really love the surprise, but maybe this all seems a bit... I don't know, rushed?"

"We all thought that, but then Lilith came up and told us how much you've done around the house. You kinda take care of all of us. You help us out with whatever we need to do. We had to repay you somehow. You also keep Hooty calm, which is impossible to do, but yet, you did it."

"Yeah, I really do make a difference here."

"See? You're such dummy, you dummy." She laughs again. Her assurance makes me at ease. Still, it feels a little rushed, but after my impact on these guys, I really thank them for making me happy today. I just feel like this won't matter soon, because maybe, Luz and I will be back home.

"Look, I'll just say this." She takes a deep breath. "Thank you for being here with us." She takes another sip and walks back inside the house. I look at the sunset, now diving into the darkness.

"Ha, this place ain't so bad after all."
——————————

"This is horrible," I say with my trembling voice. "We've gone another month without making any progress!" I slam my fist on wall, causing a massive hole that overlooks the castle and it's surrounding areas.

"We can still make progress sir," a guard says from the crowd of guards. "We've made some ground."

"And how is that, guard?"

"Remember that human we reported a month ago? He's been sighted, again."

"Where?"

"Hexside, sir." I sit on my throne, processing the fact that they have met. Luz, Eda, and the human. They both attend Hexside, so maybe there's a good chance a time period can happen.

"I need someone to get me the files of this human. Kikimora! Come at once!" My voice echos through the castle. Then, the sound of little feet tapping delicately on the castle floor is heard. Out of the crowd, Kikimora appears.

"You called?" She asks, folding her arms behind her.

"I need you to infiltrate the school for anything, for any file, everything. We have a human to catch."
——————————

"Wake up, sleepyhead!" Feet patter on the floor. The door opens and the knob slams a door into the wall.

"What is it? Is someone dead?"

"No! It's your first day... as a part of the family!"

"Oh yeah! I forgot you're my half sister now!" I slap my head and cause a little rash.