Chapter 6: A New Friend

"No. Freaking. Way." They all stare in amazement as they see my new human friend who I thought was a wild dream. Gus gets close to him and examines every inch of his living body.

"Hey, uh, that's kinda weird. You mind backing up a bit bud?" He asks Gus.

"Oh yeah, sorry. I'm just so exited there's another human! Man what a time to be alive!" Gus' body shakes in pure joy.

"Wow, and I though Luz was crazy." Willow turns to me. "Looks like you were right. Sorry I snapped at you."

"No big deal. You don't have to be sorry Willow." Willow gives a smile at me and we turn back to the human. "So, what's your name? I totally forgot to ask you."

"Brian. My name is Brian." He shakes hand with Gus, who basically just drools without even noticing. Willow and Brian shake hands like civilized people. He goes up to Amity. She doesn't look pleased for some reason.

"Hey, uh, Amity right? You wanna shake my hand?"

"Errrrrrrmm, sure, I guess." She reluctantly puts her hand out and they shake hands. "I am not doing that again."

"So, what you guys up to?" He looks very shy. He did tell me that he hasn't had a conversation in a year or so.

"We just wanted to come with Luz to see if she was right about you, but I think now we should just go home," Willow says. "It's kinda getting late."

"Yeah, it's getting really dark out here now." I look at the horizon. Nothing but darkness surrounds the sky. "We should go now. It was nice seeing you, Brian."

"Yeah. You too." He walks off to his man cave and dims the lights. We head off towards home.

"Hey guys, why don't we come tomorrow? It's the weekend so we don't have school." I just thought of that now. I totally forgot we didn't have school tomorrow.

"That sounds like a great idea Luz! Maybe we can train him to do some magic!" Willow's optimism is always so pleasing to see.

"Yeah! We can definitely come tomorrow! What time?" Gus asks. "Wait, are going to do cool human things as well?"

"Maybe. What about you Amity? You wanna come tomorrow?" She doesn't seem pleased with the idea.

"Nah. Besides, I have to do a school project with Ed and Em. I can come by some other time." She runs off home.

"Well it's settled. Tomorrow, we'll come and have a picnic here with him." Everyone agrees with this idea and we head home.

——————————

Honestly, being here is awesome. Luz and her friends are so chill, but that green haired girl named Amity is so freaking cold. She has something against me, but I don't know why. I gotta figure that out before she blasts me with her hand. I don't wanna die here, and not to Luz's best friend.

I've been trying to get back into school to see the guys, but they won't let me in. There's this barrier that doesn't allow outsiders. Now I can't study magic. Either way, they're coming back today, so I guess my magic skills won't go away.

Sunday comes by very quick. The sun is starting to say hello, and I'm... still tired. I want to lay back down and go to sleep, but I don't wanna. I force myself up and search for my rations. I've set up a small farm that's filled with potatoes, carrots, and green beans. I've been living off this shit for a year, and it's still the best meal I've ever eaten in my life.

During the day, I chop wood for bonfires so I can cook my food. Since Luz and her friends are coming over today, I've picked out everything from my farm to make a very great meal. I'm pretty sure Gordon Ramsey would drool over this, if he's still alive. I don't know, he looks like he's in his nineties.

It's around five in the afternoon. The meals are prepared and hot. The sun is beaming down at an angle. The air is crisp and fresh. I haven't felt this calm.

BOOM.

"GUS! WHAT THE HECK?! THAT ROCK WAS GONNA KILL US ALL!" Luz's voice echoes through the snowy landscape. A giant boulder fell off of a cliff and fell down at least half a thousand feet towards Luz and her friends. They are attacking Gus because he's the one that made the boulder fall. What a guy.

"I didn't know that the boulder was at a perfect angle to squish us into bloody mud! It's not my fault!" Haha. Gus and his squeaky voice. "Besides, it's in the past now."

"That was ten seconds ago Gus. Not the past," Luz snaps back at Gus.

"It technically is, Luz," Willow says. "It's the past. At least we didn't die."

"I mean, Willow has a point," Gus replies.

"Hey guys!" I run up to them. "How's everyone doing? And where's Amity?" It's not very common that Luz travels without Amity. My mind is going out on a limb here, but it kinda seems that her hatred towards me might be because she likes Luz.

"I don't know where she is. She hasn't said anything to me this morning. She usually does, which seems a little weird confused she texts me every ten minutes." Her pocket vibrates. "Oh look, it's Amity texting me. What a surprise huh?" She walks towards some shade to talk to Amity. I turn to Gus.

"Yo Gus, my man, want to try out some very tubular human activities?" His pupils enlarge to a point where you can see the entire solar system with them.

"Do I? But seriously, do I want to? Of course I do!" His enthusiasm is a very good sign that he wants to do this.

I run towards Gus with my spare skateboard when I see someone coming towards us. It looks like girl. Around our ages. She attacks Willow with a fireball the size of a boulder. Willow hits the ground like a moose that just got shot. She head towards Luz and smashes her Penstagram device. She is fuming, but the girl doesn't seem to give a crap. She looks at me and Gus.

"Another human? What a surprise. Now there's two of you I can follow around and make you suffer." Oh great, the bully stereotype only found in TV shows that air on kids shows or something.

"What do you want, whatever your name is?" I seriously think her name is Patricia or something. Or maybe it's Karen.

"I am your worst nightmare," she snaps back at me.

"Ah, well then I don't know you. Why don't you beat it, witch chick?" Gus grabs my arm and puts his mouth near my ear.

"I don't think you know, but Boscha doesn't beat it. Instead, she beats you. She'll beat you so hard, you'll wish she would've finished you off instead off living with a crippled body for the rest of your life."

"Ha! Like I'll be beaten by some spoiled ass piece of trash." I turn back at her and crack my knuckles. "You wanna fight?"

"That's all I want. Just a good old beat down you ordered. With extra broken bones on the side. The dip: your blood." She summons abominations from the ground. I grab my skateboard and pop open one of the angled ends. I pull out a majestic sword that's made of graphite, iron, and some kind of metal that I found here. It's really strong.

"Woah, that's so freaking awesome," everyone says in unison. Boscha looks at me like I'm crazy, because I am.

I wield my sword high in the air. It's shininess reflects light towards the forest. I pull it back down towards my waist and put myself in a steady stance.

"Let's do this."