ix {happy anniversary}

[happy anniversary]

ava walked into the outdoor ice rink area hand in hand with connor and walked up to the window asking for a pair of skates.
"tell me why again i let you talk me into this?"

"because you love me and you need a break from the hospital"

connor rolled his eyes as he went to go put his skates on, he really loved this girl, like risk your life do anything for them kind of love.

ava tried to stand on her skates, wobbling and leaning against the wall,

"i'm going to break something out their aren't i?"

"well if you do at least you have the best surgeon in the entire world to save you"

she laughed grabbing his hand and making their way to towards the rink.

"connor i'm scared. i don't know how to do this"

"you'll be fine just hold on to me, it can't be that
difficult, it's kinda just like walking on ice"

and boy did he regret saying that, it was not like walking on ice.

ava tried her very best and actually picked it up quite quickly and only fell a few times, connor on the other hand should probably stick to medicine and avoid figure skating as he spent the majority of the time either clung to a wall or flat on the ice.

the two, kitted out in matching beanies and sweaters, looked as happy as they could ever be, as they slipped and slid around all while laughing their heads off and reminiscing of the last year that they had spent together.

connor skated towards ava on his penguin skater helper thing (made for children might i add) as he gave up on trying to skate properly.

ava looked perfect. snow had started to fall lightly and was coating the top of her blonde head. she was attempting to skate on one leg, focusing so much she didn't even realize the snow nor her boyfriend sneaking up behind her.

connor wrapped his arms around her waist, scaring her slightly

ava gasped
"connor you scared me!"

"darling it's started to snow"

"huh i didn't even realize, it's absolutely gorgeous"
she said looking around and taking in the view of snow covered trees and white for as far as the eye could see

"it isn't prettier than you"

"ah yes, your cheesy pick up lines, the only reason i fell in love with you"

"hahaha. thank you for this, darling, it was wonderful, truly"

"i'm glad you had fun, i told you you would like it"

the two stared into each other's eyes as the snow fell around them.

a little snowflake fell on avas nose

"happy anniversary connor"

"happy anniversary avey"
he said,
gently kissing the snowflake on her nose.