ii {winter wonderland}

[winter wonderland]

*Over the phone*

Ava: CONNOR!

Connor: Hey! Are you okay?

Ava: Yes, why?

Connor: You shouted my name?

Ava: Oh sorry, I'm okay. Just very excited.

Connor: Why?

Ava: It's snowing! It's snowing a lot!

Connor: Yes, definitely. Why are you excited, don't you hate the cold?

Ava: Yes, but this is my first time seeing snow. It's so beautiful!

Connor: Wait, you've never seen snow?

Ava: Nope, I came here last year in spring and it didn't snow, and we never get snow in South Africa

Connor: Oh

Ava: Oh my god. It's so cool. Do you think it's going to last until tomorrow?

Connor: Avey, I think it's going to snow for three days straight, we get a lot of snow during winter.

Ava: Oh my god, I'm so excited!

Connor: Put on some warm clothes and boots. I'm going to come to your house and take you for a walk under the snow.

Ava: Really?

Connor: Yes, I'm already on the way, I'll be there in ten.

Ava: Thank you, Connor.

*Hangs Up*

**************

Ten Minutes Later

Ava's POV

I sat on my couch, staring out the window, still mesmerized by the falling snow.

*Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock*

Connor, he's the only person I know who consistently knocks five times. I ran to the door and flung it open to find none other than my fantastic boyfriend. I was kitted up in warm clothes and winter boots, the only thing I didn't have was a beanie.

"Hi," I said shyly

"Hi, you ready to go?"

"YUP!"

Connor's eyes flicked over me then settled on my head.

"Avey where's your beanie? You need something to keep your head warm."

"I don't have one"

He took the black beanie off his head and placed it on mine delicately like I was a porcelain doll that could break at any second. Then bent done to deliver a feather-light kiss to my lips.

"There," he whispered adjusting the beanie, "Now you'll stay nice and warm."

I smiled and reached for his hand, he took mine and led to way into the white winter wonderland.

We walked until we got to a park, where we found a bench and sat down. I laid my head on his shoulder, breathing in the cool air.

I lifted my head from his shoulder and turned to look at him. We locked eyes,

"Avey, are you okay?" he asked with such care, I released a breath I didn't know I was holding

"Thank you, Connor."

For everything, for being there for me, for caring about me, for protecting me, and most importantly for teaching me how to love."

"I love you, Connor Rhodes"

"I love you so much more, Ava Bekker"

Hope you enjoyed

- darkthornedrose xx