Teasers/Blurbs

Each story features a new main character and setting, so the stories can be read in any order -- or just choose the story with the blurb that interests you most!

Paulita's Petting Zoo

When the Moreno family wins a behind-the-scenes tour at Paulita's Petting Zoo, they are sure this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Unfortunately, they don't know how right they are. Karla soon realizes the danger her family faces, but will she be in time to save them?

Ember Grove

The residents of Ember Grove Memory Care weave in and out of reality to the ticking of a grandfather clock and the hushed reassurances of caretakers. Nurse Claire pities her residents at times, but she is certain they are better off living in denial instead of facing harsh realities. However, when Claire's shift ends and her husband never comes to pick her up, she begins to fear something is not right.

Le Homard

A restaurant reviewer visits a fine-dining establishment unlike any he has seen before. While he plans his scathing review, the restaurant makes other plans.

The Impostor

A police department receives a strange call from an elderly widow. She claims to have witnessed a murder, but the purportedly murdered man is still alive. When an officer drives to the widow's house to complete the report, he feels certain the most dangerous thing he will face is the snowstorm. Why fear a senile old lady?

The Professor

Three students meet to drop off their final papers at their professor's house in a quiet suburb. However, the professor is no where to be seen. As the students attempt to find him, the quiet, cozy home slowly reveals a sinister secret.