Chapter two

-Eric POV-

Two days have passed since Charlie came to check up on me. Currently most of my things were packed and my house was slowly becoming emptier each day as its contents began to be removed.

Tomorrow is the day I head down to the foster home. Honestly I'm not ready for any of it. All I want is my mom, my house, and my life back, but it's too late.

When I woke up this morning I laid in bed till noon. Today is the funeral and I don't want to go. I don't want to see her in the casket, to know that she's gone and I can't get her back.

The familiar ring runs through the house but I don't move. I don't want to see anyone today, especially not Charlie. He'll only force me to get up and go to the one event I would never want to attend.

My wish was crushed when my bedroom door opened to reveal him. When our eyes meet, I groan and turn on my side, pulling my blanket over my head in hopes that he'll understand and go away. Good luck with that.

"Don't do this, Erin." He pleaded. I don't see his point in trying to argue with a stubborn teenager. I'd advise him to save his breath, but that will only make him fight more. Instead, I grunt as a reply.

My blankets were ripped harshly from my body leaving me frozen and frustrated. I quickly shot up, my anger getting the best of me.

"What the hell!" I yell at him.

He searches calmly through my closet. Shuffling through my clothes and stoping at each dress, he examines it before continuing down the line without a word.

I pick up my blanket off of the floor before resuming my position of hiding under its warmth, ignoring the sound of the hanger clinking together. Deja vu hits me when he, once again, rips the blanket from my body and tosses a black dress on the bed.

"Get dressed." He orders before exiting my room, closing the door tightly behind him.

After laying in bed for another 10 minutes I finally get up and head to the bathroom. I peal off the dirty clothes that have been laying on my body for three days before turning on the hot water. I take a while before actually wash my hair and body. The shower took about 45 minutes, I would have stayed in longer but i started to get lightheaded from the steam.

I turned off the water, grabbing a towel to dry myself off with. I walk back into my room taking my time putting on my underwear. I really didn't see the need to rush when I didn't want to go anyway.

Taking the dress off the bed I notice that it belonged to my mother, great. I pull it over my head almost bursting into tears when I notice it smells just like her too. My cheeks become wet and I don't bother to wipe them.

When I finish pinning my hair up, I slip on my heels stepping carefully to my mirror. It broke my heart to see my mother staring back at me with her bright green eyes. Then I realized it was just me.

I step away before I start crying and really crawl back in bed. My heels click with every step I take to get downstairs, being extra careful as I walked down the long row of steps. Lets just say I'm really clumsy and can't walk in heels for shit.

I find Charlie siting in the couch with his head resting on his hand. By the way he was breathing i instantly knew he was out cold. Walking over to him, I notice that he was dressed every nicely in a black suit. The blue tie hanging from his neck would go very nicely with his grey eyes if they were open.

Tapping his shoulder lightly, he stirred, only turning his head to the left before falling back asleep. I pinched his nose to where he wasn't able to breath, giggling endlessly when he jumped up after feeling the lack of air in his lungs. Looking around confused his eyes finally land on me.