Chapter five

-Erin POV-

"Everything looks so different here." I say I informing May.

We were currently at the store grocery shopping. I pretty much begged to come with her, seeing as I haven't been out of the house yet. Well, other than to go to school of course.

"You'll get use to it." She smiles at me placing a carton of eggs into the basket. Chewing on her bottom lip, she throws me a smirk. " I know something you might find familiar."

"What, eggs?"

She laughs at me, a sarcastic laugh at that. "Haha. Very funny kid. Go on the third isle and get some bread." She points her finger in the direction behind us.

I walk down the rows, briefly look at the contents of food in each one. Finally, I reach isle 3. Looking over the many different brands of bread I find one that looks the most familiar and decide to get that one.

Just one problem, it's on the top shelf. I'm only 5'4, not the tallest person you would meet so grocery shopping becomes the olympics. One job, I had one fucking job, and I can't even do it. Well, there is one way.

"Need help?"

I yelp at the sudden stranger behind me, i wasn't scared just surprised. Ok, maybe I was a little scared. Turning around to face the male figure, I immediately feel ten times more embarrassed. Why do I always make a fool of myself around him?

Without a word, I watch as he reaches up to grab two loaves of bread easily. I swear I stopped breathing when I saw the hem of his shirt rise up a little, revealing the flesh underneath. I could have spared myself from more embarrassment by not staring because as soon as he turned around I didn't have time to look away.

He cheeks redden a little, unlike mine which are burning. He clears his throat while handing me one of the two loaves. I greatly take, ready to run( haha one direction) away before I make an even bigger fool of myself.

"Thanks. You know short people could us someone like you more often." I mentally face palm myself. Of fucking course. Why couldn't I just keep my mouth shut and walk away, but no. Now I don't want to know what he thinks of me. Its probably nothing good anyway.

He laughs. He fucking laughed. I don't think I've ever heard anything so amazing in my life. Wait what!

" Your accent is adorable." He states, causing me to blush even more.

"Dammit. Not you too!" I say laughing at him. He laughs as well.

"I'm Luke." I was tempted to say I already know, but then that will make me look like stalker or something.

"I'm-"

"Erin?"

I turn around to find Mrs. Hemmings making her way towards us, pushing a basket along with her. Luke places the bread gently with the other items and turns back towards me.

"Hi Mrs. Hemmings." I wave to her, unsure of how to great a teacher outside of school.

"You can call me Liz outside of school."

I smile at her, making note of her name. Liz, I like it.i was happy that I was able to address her as something else because Mrs. Hemmings sounds weird outside of school.

"Are you ready, Ms. Scott." I hear May's voice behind me. I sigh, I hate being called that.

"Erin." I inform her, though I don't think she really has a choice.

"Hello, I'm Liz. You must be Erin's...aunt?" Liz says to May.

May glances at me before responding. "No, I'm Mrs. Scott's housekeeper." Well.