Chapter six

-Erin-

I whine in pain as the bright Australia sun shines in through my window, burning my sensitive green eyes. I immediately turn away from the light, pulling the thick blue blanket over my face.

"Get up, Ms. Scott." May says, patting my leg to get me up.

A groan response to her. It's going to take more than a light pat and a little sweet talk to get me out of bed.

"Ok, you asked for it."

Asked for what? My screams could probably be heard through the whole house as May began her tickle attack on me. Squirming and kicking, I try my absolute hardest to pry May's fingers from my wiggling body. I felt my chest tighten as I struggled to laugh, scream, and breath all at the same time. I felt relief wash over me when the feeling suddenly stopped. Breathing heavily, I manage to make a complete sentence.

"Ok, ok I'm up." I take in another deep breath. The smile on her face showed that she was proud of her devious work. She exits the room leaving me to sit on the bed and take a few minutes to fully wake up, although I won't be fully awake until 9 o'clock.

Sitting in bed for another 20 minutes I finally get up, not completely in my liking of course. Preparing myself for the day, I take a shower wasting about a half hour.

Finally, after getting fully dressed, I head downstairs. For some odd reason I always seem to take the right staircase rather than the left. Passing Walter on my way down I give him a good morning hug while receiving an unsure and confused smile from him.

"What?" I ask him.

"Um. Nothing Ms. Scott. Good morning."

I chuckle to myself and continue walking into the kitchen.well I'm extremely cheery today, aren't I. May stood over the stove, preparing breakfast like she does every morning. From where I stood I could see James sitting in the dinning room, this mornings newspaper held in front of him.

"Breakfast is ready." I hear May call from behind me.

Walking into the dinning room, I sit at the seat furthest from James. Seeing May enter,he folds up his paper quickly glancing at me before looking down at his breakfast. You could practically taste the tension in the room.

I receive my breakfast, responding with a thank you before beginning digging happily into my omelet. I ate quickly, trying to get out of James's presence as soon as possible. Scarfing down the last bite, I stand. I pick up my plate, this caused a terrified expression to cross over May's as she rushes over to me.

"I'm ready May." I tell her. She nods and tries to take my plate, but I turn before she can get it. I refuse to be treated like this.

"No need to take her Maria. Erin follow me." I watch as James stands from the table, leading me towards the backyard. Once were outside he makes his way to the side of the mansion, one I haven't been to before. Lined up and down a graveled path was rows of cars. Different makes, models, colors, and sizes filled my eyes. There was at least fifteen cars, some even looked like go carts.

"Pick one." He said.

Pick one? I actually get to have one of these. Looking at him I study his face for reassurance. Walking down the line of vehicles he began looking, at each one.

"You can have which ever you want. I have a Porsche, Mustang, Ferrari, two Lamborghini's, a Hummer..."

I wasn't really into all these fast cars and stuff. I was just simple, but these cars were anything but that. Going further down my choices of vehicle I found nothing that interested me. Well, there was one. My eyes fell on a black Altima. I found interest in it because the black was really appealing and it was really simple compared to everything else.