Chapter eight

-Erin POV-

"Yes I'm leaving now."

Oh what a nice way to wake up when someone's yelling through the house. The digital clock on my nightstand read 10:56 a.m. I jumped out of bed worried, my alarm was meant to go off almost three hours ago. I should have been at Liz's house by now.

Rushing around the room and find something to throw on. How did I not wake up on time, even May would have gotten me up by 9.

Pulling on my shoes, I grab my keys, phone, wallet, and sunglasses. I'm surprised at how quickly I got ready, I didn't even do my hair. While speed walking down the hall, I pull it up into a messy bun. There was really no need in doing it anyway, Liz said she would have a professional come to her house to do all the girls hair, well that is if I even make it on time.

Reaching the top of the stairs I see James pacing back and fourth in front of the door with his iPhone to his ear. "Yes I'm leaving out the door now, give me a few hours. Yes, I know what this meeting is about... Well do that when I come back. Ok."

He pushed the gold device into his packet with an enraged expression on his face. "Maria where the fuck are you!" He yelled.

From under the stairs I can see May emerge with a suit case at hand. "I'm right here, sir." She hands it to him and he snatches it out of her grip.

"Next time try not to take so damn long." He spat at her.

"Yes-"

She couldn't even finish her sentence before he shut the door in her face. I watch as she lets out a shaky sigh and heads to the kitchen. Our eyes meet and I could see a sense of hurt in them. I was disgusted at James.

"Erin he didn't-"

"Don't you dare make excuses for him. He's just some rich bastard that runs over people. The last thing he needs is for someone to back him up on all of the bullshit he does."

Hearing the words that left my mouth sounded harsh, but in my eyes everything I said was completely true.

She give me a side smile and comes to hug me. "Then who will? You'll get to know him soon enough. He's not who you think he is." She intentionally stares into my eyes letting me know that she was honest.

"Yea well..." Just then I remembered that I was running late so I quickly hugged her and ran out the door.

On my way to the car I pulled out my phone and dialed Liz's number. I started the car and made my way out of the driveway and down the street.

"Hello?"

"Hey Liz I'm so sorry! I'm going to be late."

"It's alright sweetheart you're not that late, the weddings isn't for a few hours. You still have time."

I sigh in relief and run my hand through my hair. "Great that's. awesome. I should be there in ten minutes."

"I'll tell Luke to get your dress out."

"Okay. Bye Liz."

"Goodbye sweetie. See you in a few."

I throw my phone in the passenger seat before I continue to speed down the road.

Within twenty minutes I was outside of Liz's door ready to knock, but instead I was pulled in and pushed around. People I didn't recognize sat me in a seat and surrounded me working on many of my different features. I was actually starting to feel claustrophobic. Everyone was yelling at one another and working on me to make sure I would be ready on time.