Chapter Thirteen: Katniss Style

Joey and I walk up to the big store. "Wow, this place is huge." I gasp. Joey nods, and we walk inside. "Okay, you know there are zombies, right?" I say to Joey. "Yeah... We should bolt the doors." He says. "Agreed."

"For now, let's just find some type of crow bar we could put through the door, to lock it." I say. "Okay, I'll go find something, you go look for some food!" He says.

As he runs off, I search for food. It looks like there was some sort of stampede in here. Shelves knocked over... Cash registers broken open. Money everywhere. My first though was to collect all of the money, but then I realized... It wasn't worth anything anymore.

I need to find the food section. I skim through the isles until I find the canned goods. Most of them are dented and broken, but it's still food. I can't carry all of this. I need a backpack of some sort.

I try my best to remember where the cans are, as I walk over to the section where they sell hunting supplies. Hmmm.... Maybe I can find some weapons.

But I need to worry about weapons later. I need food and water. I grab two nice and big camouflage backpacks for me and Joey. Then, I take a look at the weapons. Strange that they would just put them out on display without protection.

I guess this place is safer than Detroit. The guns are all gone... Big surprise.

But there are bows. I grab two, and tons of arrows. We're gonna slay some zombies.

Katniss Style.