stranded (part one)

I've been fangurling like nobody's business. So that means
an impromptu 'chair imagine from me, of course.

This one is for missyoulcve
Go check out her imagines book and prepare to depart this mortal plane.

Time: late summer, 1999 

Location: unknown

Daniel's arms were around me. He was panting and shaking. My body was strewn over the wet sand. I looked lifeless and pale. He was soaking and it was hard for him to roll my body over so he could look at my face because he was so weak. My breathing was shallow. My will to live was very slim.

"Ben!" Daniel's voice shook through him like the scratchy sounds of the dry, worn palm leaves far above our heads. His clothing stuck to his fragile frame. He was barefoot and his sad arctic eyes seared with words unspoken. They were hotter than the sun.

"Ben!" He yelled again and this time his voice broke through the humid breeze with panic.

I heard the quick padding of Ben's feet against the sand close to me. He slowed down when he looked at me and collapsed next to Daniel. It only took him a few seconds to gather himself. He took charge and cupped my unresponsive face in his hands.

"We shouldn't have let her go," Daniel cried. His hands were shaking as he tried to get his wet hair off of his face. "What kind of friends are we? Who just let's someone they love go away like that, all alone?"

Ben took a deep breath in. He usually had plenty to say, but now wasn't the time to get into another argument with Daniel. He titled my head back and forced his breath deep into my mouth and down my throat. He did it again, over and over, until my body convulsed and the warm salt water that infested my lungs came bursting out of my mouth. It stung so fiercely I cried out and coiled my body.

"It's okay," Ben stroked my cheek with his fingers. "You're here, babe. You're safe."

Daniel wiped the tears off his face and turned away. He stood up and started to walk.. He thought twice and bent down next to us. He whispered into Ben's ear, "Don't tell her it was me that went in and plucked her out of the sea, okay?"

Confusion flashed over Ben's features, but he honored his friend's wish. He nodded and watched as Daniel disappeared to his side of the island, the long sleeves of his torn shirt billowing in a strong wind that spun the sand below his feet.

Once it was only Ben and I laying on the shore, I asked him what had happened. He told me that my raft had fallen apart. He had gone into the ocean and swam out to save me.

"Where's Daniel?" I asked. I knew it was the stupidest thing to ask Ben in that moment, after he ran out into the ocean to retrieve me and then saved my life there on the shore.

My body, no matter how much it ached and longed for rest and healing, still craved for Daniel. I craved his piercing eyes on mine. His face brushing up against mine. My hands in his, feeling the calloused tips of his fingers sketching tiny mazes onto my skin. Our bodies close and our lips even closer, touching, telling secrets in the dark.

I couldn't stop it. This reckless feeling. Being at Death's door didn't knock any sense into me at all. I had no shame. Ben's face reddened as he got up and helped me to my feet. I winced and he wrapped his strong arms around me. He was gentle and yet I barely had to use any of my strength to make it over to our tent.

"I haven't seen him since before you left," Ben lied.

He didn't look into my eyes when he answered me. That's how I could tell. I got into the tent with his help. He scratched his forehead with his thumb and rolled out a mat he made from bamboo onto the sand and soft, green leaves beneath my feet. We had the best tent on the island. There was no denying that. He was meticulous about its care and my comfort came effortlessly to him.

I burst into tears. "I don't know why I'm like this," I tried to explain myself through the tears that blazed like tiny fires down my cheeks. "I don't deserve you."

His face fell and he rushed to my side. "No, babe. I put too much pressure on you. I should have left the two of you alone. It wasn't my place to get in between the both of you. I get it. I always have. He's got this pull. I don't wanna fight Dan anymore. I don't want you to hurt anymore either."

I couldn't believe my luck. This man loved me to the ends of the world. I locked my arms around his neck and looked into his eyes. "You saved my life. I didn't know until I saw your face how much I wanted to survive."

Face to face like that, our arms holding on to one another, all the old feelings came flooding back. I was drowning all over again, but this time it wasn't scary. I wasn't whipped beneath the surface of the ocean and dragged about like an errant piece of driftwood. No. I was in the arms of the man that loved me the most on that island. I was sure of it.

There was a small tear in the sail that we had used to make our tent. The sun shone through just enough so that Ben's expectant brown eyes seemed to melt with longing.

Our clothes were still very damp. He peeled my tank and shorts off slowly. I knelt shivering with only my bathing suit bottom on. I crossed my arms around my chest and looked up into his eyes. He stood in front of me and stretched the fabric of his wet shirt over his head. His skin had darkened to sienna and his muscles were taut. I hadn't seen his body in months. It was like being with another man completely. His hair had grown to his shoulders, and I giggled at the sight of his beard. It wasn't long but it was fuller than Daniel's. He smiled and shrugged. I missed that sweet, flirty smile of his so much.

I didn't waste anymore time removing his shorts. He was ready for me even before he was completely undressed. He knelt in front of me so that our bare chests touched. He rubbed his hand down my back and I ached for him. My lungs no longer stung, but a growing ache between my legs pierced through me. It was as if he answered me with his hands because just as one's fingertips continued to caress my shoulder and arm, another began its slow journey down my neck, between my breasts, past my belly button and beneath the fabric of my bikini bottom.

He groaned and tightened his grip on my lower back. The fingertips of his other hand sought the place between my legs that he treasured the most. His voice came out, strained yet smooth, just like the breeze that fluttered and flapped against the frayed edges of our tent.

"I missed you, babe."

I didn't want to talk, though. Talking too much got us into this mess in the first place.

"Ssshhh," I put my finger to his lips. He nodded and happily explored my body more. He lowered his head and used the tip of his tongue to mark his territory once again. My collarbone, my breasts, my stomach, my hips, all his. His fingers between my legs were exploring, too, and at such a pace that the rest of me couldn't keep up anymore.

I was overwhelmed with a desire I hadn't felt in weeks. He caught me as I fell to my side. He brought me down to the mat, placed his body behind mine and kissed the back of my neck while his fingers continued their favorite task. My breath hitched and I rode the pounding waves only Ben knew how to make.

(Chris is there, too. No worries.)
xo, 
Leanne