busted

for Adriana
iamadrianamawrites

featuring: Stone Gossard of Pearl Jam
time/location: mid to late 90sish/any American city

"Eww, something seriously reeks!"

Adriana took another whiff of the late night air.

"Hey," Leanne smacked her friend's arm. "I wasn't the only one in the mosh pit. Smell yourself, dude."

The girls giggled, huddled close together, as their sneakers stomped into puddles on the concrete below.

Leanne lifted her arms in the air. "Driving in that thunderstorm was so worth it. I feel so alive."

Adriana tried to hold in another fit of laughter before wheezing out, "Oh my God! Whatever! You were panicking the whole time in the car. You thought we'd die on our way to see them."

"Well, like, wouldn't that be the most tragic thing ever?"

"You're absolutely right." Adriana wrapped her arm around her friend's shoulders. "We can both die happy now. No offense to you, but I seriously smell something again. What the hell?"

Leanne joined Adriana in taking in a deep breath of the surrounding air. They weren't near any trash bins or restaurants. As they turned past the far corner of the venue, Leanne held her hands up.

"I know that smell!"

"Really? What is--"

Before Adriana could finish her question, a slender man with sweaty and dark hair burst out of a door to her side. He was followed by another younger man with long blonde hair.

Leanne covered Adriana's mouth and they both stood in front of the guys, frozen and speechless.

"Oooops," Stone chuckled, letting out a puff of smoke with his friendly hazel eyes squinting at the girls. "We're busted!"

"Neither of you ladies are cops, right?" Daniel asked, one brow arched, shaking his head. "I don't have much luck with American police officers."

Adriana peeled Leanne's hand off of her mouth and swallowed. "You guys were amazing. And no. We're not cops. We're just huge fans."

Leanne just stood there.

Adriana swept her eyes over her friend to make sure she was breathing before continuing.

"I'm Adriana, and this statue is my bestie, Leanne."

She pinched her friend's arm. It was no use. Her eyes lit up a bit, though.

"Cool," Stone reached his hand out for the girls to shake. "I've never been properly introduced to a statue before."

"Nice to meet you both." Daniel's eyes sparkled as he sheepishly took the joint Stone passed him. "Want some?"

"No!" Adriana shook her head. "My parents would kill me."

Leanne let out a heavy breath and frowned.

"You girls be safe on your way back home," Stone nodded his head and flashed the friends a slick and easy smile. He turned to open the door to get back inside the venue, but Daniel stopped him.

"Hold on a sec," Daniel swept his tangled hair behind his ears and put his hand in his pocket. He retrieved a guitar pick and handed it to Leanne. "Here ya go," he winked. "In case you decide on moving again."

Stone did the same and handed his pick to Adriana. She smiled brightly, so much her cheeks hurt.

"Thank you both so much!"

"You're welcome," the guys chimed in unison.

They went back inside, waving good-bye to the fangirls. As soon as the door shut behind them, the girls squealed with delight and ran the rest of the way to the car.