it won't be like the first time

for Nicole
chairhead4life

this is a *special request* -- I was summoned to bring vampiric Daniel back from my (incomplete) silverchair fanfic novel, Black Tangled Vampire Heart

I had this scene written well over a year ago, and just for fun, I decided to transform it into a scene from a movie, so you'll see it in film script format(ish) below.

INT. CHLOE'S HOUSE - NIGHT

The rain has slowed, but streaks of lightning still appear outside through the kitchen window that was left ajar. A breeze unsettles the curtains of the window. DANIEL is soaked through from the rain, and his eyes are almost black with leftover rage. He looks in the cabinets beneath the sink for the first aid kit. He lifts CHLOE up onto the counter and assesses her wounds.

DANIEL
(cleans a gash on CHLOE'S cheek) I almost didn't make it in time. That madman.

CHLOE
(she winces and trembles) You ripped him to shreds.

DANIEL
He deserved nothing less. You weren't the first woman he's attacked.

CHLOE shuts her eyes tight and tries to get the images of her attacker out of her mind. She can still smell his breath and feel his sickening hands on her body. She starts to cry. DANIEL puts a bandage on her largest cut and cups her head in his hands. She leans back and away from his touch.

DANIEL
You're safe now.

CHLOE
How can I be sure? You are so ... so different now.

DANIEL
(a single black tear falls down his cheek) I have changed. A lot. I'm sorry.

CHLOE
Are you okay?

DANIEL
(he wipes away the black, inky tear) This is how our kind cries.

CHLOE places a tentative hand on his cheek. She looks into his eyes. They are no longer dark and hollow. They are glowing and vibrant now, blue laced with violet.

DANIEL
What are you doing?

CHLOE
What happened to us? Why did you break up with me? Be honest.

DANIEL
Besides the obvious?

His fangs have not retracted completely. Her eyes remain fixed on them, the dull light from the overhead lamp glistening upon them.

DANIEL
(he looks down) I felt like I didn't deserve you. That I would hurt you somehow.

CHLOE
Do you still feel that way?

His hip brushes up against her knees as he moves in front of her. He runs his fingers up the inside of her wrist. He can feel her pulsate beneath his fingertips and his eyelids flutter.

DANIEL
No.

CHLOE
(swallows) What do you want?

DANIEL
You.

They merge together like magnets. Her legs open and she wraps them around him. His hands grab her hips. His face is in her hair as his nose traces a line from her collarbone up to her ear.

CHLOE
(stiffens) Wait.

He steps back and drops his hands to the counter.

CHLOE
You won't bite me, will you?

DANIEL
(inches closer and whispers) Only if you want me to.

A smile flashes over her face before their mouths come together. It's all very familiar. Very intoxicating and new, too. He pulls away and she reaches out for him, wanting more.

DANIEL
I have to warn you.

CHLOE
(distracted, weak) What?

DANIEL
(eyes become a deep purple) It won't be like the first time.

She tightens her legs around him and trails her fingers up into his wet hair. He runs his hands over her body.

CHLOE
(breathes into his ear) I don't want it to be like the first time.

Just a thought. Maybe I fear finishing that book because of all the fainting that could occur while writing it-----