Chapter 8

A/N: This one's late, yeah, and belated happy new year! This was supposed to be posted at new year, but I don't know what happened, it stayed here in the drafts. Oh, also! if you'd like to read this til the end, Imma say in advance that this will have slower updates. Thank you!

---

Before the social season ends, a serial killer rose from the abyss, someone who kills prostitute women and rip their wombs off. While the detectives prefers to get leads instead of make names for a murderer, the media decided to call the killer 'Jack the Ripper'.

Why? Jack, because he's so good at what he does, not even letting a single clue left in every crime scene to use against him. Ripper, because of the way he executes his crimes.

Now, even the famous Scotland Yard is on the edge of irritation and frustration. But neither can help him find this 'Jack the Ripper' murderer.

Nor did these helped him to know that the infamous criminal is not just one, but two. Nor did they suspect that one of them is a lady with a burning past, and one... That is not entirely a human.

Despite saying all that, which I honestly find strange, I don't know how, or who are the people I'm referring to. But I believed that this night will answer everything. I just hope the wind won't go to the West.

--

"It's cold."

"Winter is coming, young master."

"Young master, it is even colder when you bath outside of a room... And naked." I laughed when Ciel looked at me confused while Sebby just smirked, not noticeable but yeah, he did.

We are now standing or rather, leaning on the wall near the 'house' of the suspected victim this evening.

The young master wears a coat, a leather vest and a hat, but he is still shivering from the cold. Sebastian, on the other hand, wears a long coat but mine is the worst. I have my usual maid outfit but without the apron, I have a total of 3 scarfs around my neck to 'prevent' me from feeling the harsh slaps of winter. I insisted that I need nothing of the sort, but who could beat Sebastian at his own game?

Yeah, figures.

I really don't like how I think will be how it ends. I can hardly breathe beneath the thick fabric, and yet even while I'm glaring daggers to the tall demon just beside the Earl, he's been on guard, caring for a stranger---a lady, may I add, instead of me.

It's not like I'm going to be a brat about it----well, I certainly will. I don't know much about myself, but I know that I'm now going off the right path, and the place I'm heading to? The palace of Malice, to the garden of Jealousy, above Greed's veranda, breathing the air Wrath will give me.

What's stranger than strange is that I can definitely see it, except I have been disrupted by a heartful cry inside the house our young master thought would be the lair of the next victim.

Indeed he's not mistaken, but we failed to save her.

The cry became hoarse and high pitched, desperate for saving but we can't. We're already too late. It was one that tells you life is already leaving the body of the bloodied lady, and we failed to do something. I froze to my spot whilst the young master and Sebastian rushed out, only to see a red silhoutte.

Madam Red, and her also bloodied butler. She wear this smug look, something laced with insanity and... Pain, a bright, wide smile plastered on her red blood lips.

But I can't move from my spot. I stayed hidden, now as an observant. I tried to keep my actions down, enough to be deaf of my own breathe, but the voices not far from me are clear.

Now, the clouds gathered to witness a sorrowful event, of a criminal and the little Sherlock of whom are close relatives.

Betrayal slapped my young master, at least I know that much, but as he is tied to the role of being the Queen's Guard Dog, he must do his job.

I don't like how this turns out, but I wasn't able to watch them fight, nor to see the victor, nor how they won, because darkness ruled over my being.

---

I woke up to the impact of something wet that was thrown to me. I opened my heavy lids, now protective of my ocean orbs. Indeed it was a bucket of water on the hands of a stranger, but what puzzles me is why they needed me here.

I suspected to be tied, which turned out to be right, on a wooden chair. I snapped infront when something clanks, but there were more people than I expected.

They look strong with their builds, but somehow I find myself smirking confidently at them. Their frowns turned to hatred and grimace, but I can't stop my lips when it widens more.

"You've been out for quite some time, rag doll. " a slicky, smooth tongue rang from behind the shadows. "How's the city life? I see you've got yourself a little freedom because you're working for the famous Guard Dog. "

I am certain that I know no one in this room, but when the silhoutte finally revealed himself, he looks like he's about to kill me, as much as the others around me wants to.

"Who are you? " it was a dumb question, yes, because everyone's expressions worsen. The others raised their weapons--- knives, axes and guns, but with just a signal from what seems like a noble, they lowered.

"What's this? You ran away for a couple of weeks and now you don't know any of us? " he gave me an applause, which the others followed, and it irritates me.

The guy continued, "In what extent, pray, would you be willing until you admit your crime to us? " I frowned.

What crime? I never did anything to them?

"I don't know you, nor the crimes you're accounting me for. "

"Scarlet, or should I say, S-015?" I don't know why, but memories flooded into me with force, and I winced hard feeling the pain slice through my head. It hurts, but I can only let whimpers out.

"I must say, you're hard to find. I mean-- we've been searching for a ravenette bitch, and then, " he promptly stopped, looking back at me as he halt.

"Look-- look at you. You've been a red head in just, what, four weeks? That's impressive!" he sounded shock, but my guts is telling me not to be swayed by his words.

"Did you perhaps, mistaken me for someone else? Because I really don't know what's happening. " holy---maybe I should've juat stayed quiet. Before I knew it the guy is infront of me, pulling my hair harshly as his eyes drill against my soul.

"I always dislike dishonest people. And I nevwr knew you'll be one of them. " suddenly he threw my head down, clapping once then twice.

"Take her at the back. We can't afford to be seen."

After that, with a cloth being placed on my nose, everything turned black.