Chapter 4

Kidnapped rat

"Scarlet! It's running your way!" Finny yelled at me.

I tried blocking the way but failed. I sighed in defeat when the rat escaped. Then all of a sudden a flying statue went this way and that.

"Finny stop throwing those statues! You'll kill us!"

The four of us are in chaos capturing rats. Finny even wore a cat suit to chase them out.

"Hold on! I feel tired from this." I yelled while panting heavily. They stopped and looked at me with questioning eyes.

"Baldroy, prepare the cheese. Mey-rin, prepare the guns. Finny, get the traps. We will declare.... WAR!!" they all let their warcry.

"YES MA'AM!" Then they went their way to prepare our weapons.

*time skips due to betrayal*

The war went well this time. I put non fragrant poison inside the cheese we prepared and the rats have taken the bait!

So far we have killed 3 rats using the toy gun from Tanaka, small cheese as bullets. Quite a victory for us, yeah?

"Enough for today, everyone. We still need to work."

"Aye, aye, captain!!!" They salute to me before deploying.

I sighed in content before walking towards my room.

"----Hey! Keep your paws off of my darling nephew!"

"You wound me. I wouldn't paw at him here." is the last thing I heard before I reach the room.

I opened the closet before pulling a clean towel to wipe my sweat.

"... What is happening..." I lay down the bed before curling into a ball as frustration covers my whole system.

I am stuck between two worlds.

My mind has been in chaos for 2 consecutive days and yet I can still pretend that I am fine. I still can smile and joke around despite feeling suffocated during work.

Yesterday I have dreamt of my parents. That they are worried sick of me. Even calling everyone from the organization just to find me.

I feel heartbroken. But I have to keep myself together. I just needed some rest. And I do, but now is not the time to be lazy.

I walked out of the room before walking towards the kitchen. Then I grabbed the thickest round tray Baldroy have before walking on a hall. Sebastian is right infront of me with the pie in his one hand.

"Sebastiaann!!" I looked back and saw Mey-rin running towards Sebastian. And because I am not so jealous, I pulled Mey-rin back to my side before throwing the tray at Sebastian. He caught the tray the exact time the bullet hit the tray.

Good thing the tray is thick enough to be able to stop the bullet.

"Oh my, you shouldn't throw trays at other people, Scarlet." I just rolled my eyes.

I saved your ass, dimwit

"Someone sent a letter, Sebastian, yes!" Mey-rin said before handing the letter to Sebastian.

"To whom is it addressed?"

"The Earl Phantomhive's servants." Mey-rin and I both said at the same time.

"If you want us to return your master safely, bring it to Nova Scotta Gardens in Bethnal Green.. What a vulgar invitation."

"What?" Mey-rin looked worried.

"Huh... I'm sure it's just a trick. Mey-rin. We should get some candies."

"Why?"

"We'll have a trick or treat! Do you wanna know who write it?" she nodded eagerly after I placed a finger at the middle of my closed lips, satisfied with the reply.

"Give me a treat first!" I was about to pull her away when the others arrived.

"What happened here, Sebastian?"

"I apologize for the commotion. Nothing is the matter, so please be at ease." Madam Red and the rest looked at the broken window.

"Leave the cleaning to us, Sebastian. " I said even before he can say anything. He replied with a smile before leaving. He handed the pie on Baldroy.

"By clean up... Do you mean we can eat this?"

"Can you see that?" I pointed at the window.

"Eh? We cannot clean that in a short time!"

"Cannot? What kind of Phantomhive servants are we if we cannot do such small thing? And who said we have a short time?" I offered them a smile and a fighting spirit. Then I turned to the guests.

"Would you want to stay or leave?"

"Well, I guess we need to leave. Just inform me if my dear nephew returned."

"I assure you, Madam. Finny, can you prepare the carriage?"

"Yes, ma'am!"

"Also, go with them, we need to replace the window, okay?"

"Aye, captain!" I smiled at his liveliness.

"Mey-rin, get a broom, a bucket and a cloth."

"O-on it!" she run away after that.

"Baldroy, get the utensils ready. And set that pie aside. The young master might want to eat it when they return."

"Okay!"

"You're a capable maid." Madam Red smiled warmly and I feel flattered.

"I am honored, Madam Red."

"Oh, well. We will leave the manor to all of you. Good bye."

"Goodbye and have a safe trip." I bowed before leading them outside.

*time skips for the instruction*

"Are you sure this is right?" Baldroy asked me.

"Err... The manual said so. Look." I handed him the paper before looking at the final output of our work.

We've spent almost half a day fixing this. And by looking, I can say that we've done it perfectly! I tried to open the window but I can't.

"I can't open----it!" I glanced at each of them.

"Let me try." Finny suggested.

"Wait up! Not you. Please."

"Why?" he asked innocently.

"Just-- just-- Baldroy, try it." the cook nodded but in the end, he failed.

"Let me try!" I sighed and let Finny. But the time he handled the handle, I saw the cart of the young master.

"Wait, Finny! The young master have arrived!" sure enough, they all glanced at the window and run towards the gate to greet the boy.

I sighed at them before I went back to the room and prepare a new set of outfit for Sebastian. I lay the clothes before I walk down and turn towards the gate wirh a damp towel.

By the time I arrived at Mey-rin's side, Sebastian is now walking towards us. His suit is torn while Ciel is covered in dried blood.

"Sebastian. Here." I handed him the damp towel and looked away. I don't want to see his expression.

"What happened to them...." Finny said in a low tone so I looked at him.

"They must have killed some rats from the dump." I said meaningfully, but as expected, they didn't get it.

"What?"

"Let's just go inside." I urged them and they nodded.

This day have been tough.. For the young master and Sebastian. I sighed before entering the manor and called the house of Madam Red to inform that her nephew has arrived... Not bothering to tell her what happened.