Chapter 9 rewrite

Chapter 9

"Angelica Ross"

"And here you can see the Phantomhive Manor. " announced the red headed coach, raising his voice enough to be heard. "It's where--" the blondette(again, I love the sound) stopped him with a lifted palm, whispering a command to stop, while eyes of green peek from the curtains. The upholstered cushion had her in outmost comfort, but the time eventually came where she needs to go down. The coach jump from his seat to attend to his lady, helping her to step down and leave to complete the rest of Master's set of chores. The Viscount Ross couldn't find time from his uptight schedule, so he send his sister instead, who, in fact, was dragged with force to agree without choice. Apparently it was something about partnership and establishing good ties with other nobles, and in this case; the famous kid Earl. While women are not that known to fit the cookie in the political prefecture especially in men driven countries, there have to be some to break expectations. There're only few documents and informations gathered about Angelica Ross, sister to Viscount Anthony Ross, but it seems like she's a general of some sort at Rome. However it is not accountable since women in Europe in general are banned from taking positions that is above or equal to that of men, except for noble bloods. That couldn't be helped. Well, either way, they are raised to be child breeder and home-stuck, and can be trained as warriors and nothing more.

Unbeknownst to the Phantomhive residents, they are not the only one who made a research about the person, for the lady they are yet to meet did hers too. But. Having consideration that she's new to London, well, England in general, she doesn't know what lies behind the walls of the manor, or the wonders beyond logic.

"How splendid. " she murmured as her eyes glued themselves on the structure. It had a sense of malice somewhere, she just couldn't place her fingers on where. But, anyway, she just needs to finish the day.

Φ • First POV • Φ

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, young Earl. I hear great stories about you. " I started. I know for a fact that nobles are actually pretty plastic, sugarcoating every word as if it's one of their entertainment.

The young earl smiled politely, but with much sarcasm that proves he doesn't like social interactions. Still, he replied. "Likewise, Viscountess. "

"Oh, no. I'm just a viscount's sister. I'm still a foreign blood here in England. " I saw his lips twitch, but maintained a sweet dear smile on his face. As we walk towards a room, I was put in a position where the young noble is challenging me into a charade of masks. But, jokes on him, I'm trained to bear the masks. "Although I must say, the hierarchy system here is admirable. Your leader is a woman, and not some bulky men who only knows how to make war. " soon, we reach the room the Earl's black suited butler assisted us into.

"Well, power isn't restricted to women here, but they aren't that noticeable since most only do ballsand and blah blah. " that half assed etcetera had me burst into contained laughter, because it sounded funny to my ears. "You're quite amusing yourself young Earl. I haven't laughed since my arrival at Soho, but you managed effortlessly. You're not easy to read, I will give you that. But you made me change my impressions of you. "

The child headed for a seat, so I took the opposite. "Well I only hope they're not bad ones. "

"Trust me, Earl. They're beyond good. " there is a board between us, spread with mirroring pieces. What's this called again...?

While thinking, I grabbed one onto my palms. It felt hard and smooth at the same time, some aith smooth curves and some with sharp edges. Either way, all feels the same. I didn't even managed to realize that I've touched everything on my side, stopping only after touching the piece from the farthest right. "Oh, I'm sorry for my rude behavior. It's just that.. I'm not very familiar with these pieces. " I suddenly felt slight regret for some reason.