Chapter 3

First of all this segment happened wayyyy back before chapter 2. And I don't really have a reason why the chapter 2 is the first before chapter 3--- yeah, who am I kidding? I'm going with the flow of the manga. Tee-hee!

The First Day of a Phantomhive Maid

Being a 'responsible' and not so clumsy maid of the Phantomhive Manor, I am expected to carry out the duty of a maid. One that cleans, and helps others to carry out their assigned task.

I am a responsible maid, and I have --need--- to help Sebastian to manage the manor.

So I took the liberty yesterday night to set myself that my day will always start when I wake up at 2:30 am. Quite early for a maid, but yeah, I can manage.

I comb my hair and tie it into a bun before giving myself that 'fight' mode.

At this time I started walking down the stairs, ignoring the silence covering me.

This mansion looks like a haunted house, dim lights and full of silence.

*creek*

I received goosebumps while cold shiver run down my spine. With a silent cry I hurriedly decreased the distance between me and the kitchen.

How can there be sound if I am alone??

I reached the door then swung it open, then my eyes landed on the ever-gorgeous Sebastian. He is moving swiftly while cooking.

"You're quite early, kitten." I blushed when I realized I am staring at him for some time now.

"Good morning, Sebby." I yawned, still a little bit sleepy.

"Well, good morning, kitten. What made you wake up so early?"

"U-uhm... I'm here to take Baldroy's flame thrower away." he chuckled at my reply. In the meantime I search for the flame thrower, and when I found it, I turned to Sebastian.

"But, uhm... Where can I hide these?"

"Anywhere is fine, kitten. But not inside this room." I nodded then walked around to see if there are any possible places to hide the object. After few minutes of wandering, my feet led me towards the garden. I hide it at the back of the bushes then quickly return to Sebastian.

By the time I arrived I see him check his watch before leaving the counter.

"I'll leave first." I just nodded, focused on my mental checklist.

1:30? Check.
Dispose of the flamethrower? Double Check.
Stopping Mey-rin from breaking things? ----not yet.
Replacing Finny's weed killer some ordinary ones? Will work on it.

At 5:00 I visited the narrow wooden cabinet where Finny store all of the gardener stuff. On my left arm, I hold a basket of ordinary and harmless weed killers, then on the cabinet side, comes a few bottles of the 'dangerous' weed killers. I replaced each bottle with the ordinary bottles before closing the door and left.

I hide the basket inside my closet, which contains the harmful chemicals for the plants. Then, I walked down again only to see Sebastian walking up.