~Chapter 4~ How We Met

As you can tell from the chapter name, it's the name of the book. The reason is, is bc it's the same as the One-shot chapter.

This is the chapter in my One-shot book. The only difference in this chapter is that it's in Nya POV and is better written!

Enjoy!

Nya POV~

I was dreading today. The day where I give my children to their abusive dad. It was only for 3 days, but that is 3 days of abuse, torture, no eating. Literally anything coming to my mind is scaring me.

I really wish they didn't have to leave, but I can't do anything else. If I don't let their father see them, I could be sent to jail and he could gain full custody over the kids. But I'm gonna make sure that never happens, and if there is a way to stop this, then I will not hesitate and do so.

And because Cole has the kids for 3 days, the weekend and Monday, he's gonna have to take Sam to school on every Monday he has with him, which I hope won't be that difficult for Cole.

I was sitting on my bed, gnawing on my fingernails, thinking of ways I could spend the day with the kids before they have to leave. I thought about going to get them ice-cream, but I wanted to do more than just sit and lick sugar.

I then thought of taking the kids to my hometown, where I grew up. We could drive and look at all the different buildings there. I could also show them the house that me and Kai grew up in and take them to my favorite café which has the best cookies ever!

I smiled to myself as I know the kids would have a great time. We never really go on road trips as Sam's anxiety would get really bad.

I got up from my bed and got dressed. Picking out a jean jacket to go along with a white T with black stripes and high waisted jeans. Not trying to impress anyone, just wanted to look nice to make myself feel somewhat better.

I walked down the hallway and peeked into the children's room. They were quietly drawing on the floor, sharing a box of crayons. I gently tap my knuckle a few times on their door, opening it a little more so they can see me. They look up from their coloring books and gave me a smile.

"Hi mum." Sam says cheerfully before he and Alex go back to coloring.

"Soo I was thinking, before you guy's go to your dads, do you wanna go on a little trip?" I ask them. Alex gasped.

"Yes!" Alex said getting hyped.

"Where?" Sam says anxiously.

"Don't worry, no where to put you in harm's way, just a little drive around and maybe a little treat." Sam's expression slowly rises to a smile.

"Okay" He says with more enthusiasm.

"Alright, well I need you guys to get dressed and clean up your mess. Do you guys think you're up for the task?" I smirk, wiggling my eyebrows. They both smirked back before bouncing up onto their feet and started cleaning.

That's how we- or I get them to do stuff, is turning things into a challenge. It gets pretty competitive, but it gets the work done!

I grabbed 2 small duffel bags from their shared closet and started packing their clothes. The children were practically running around, putting away their mess and getting their shoes on.

Once I finished, I threw the bag and a few snacks, just in case Cole isn't prepared, in the back of my car and went back up to my apartment to grab the kids. I walked in and saw the kids patiently waiting on the couch watching cartoons.

"Ready to go?" I say proudly.

"Yes!" They say while jumping off the couch and trying to run out of the door before I stopped them.