~Chapter 8~ I Have A Plan

╰(*°▽°*)╯

Nya POV~

Nya-
Hey are you doing anything this weekend? I'm not working and my brother has plans with the kids

Jay-
I'm free the entire day! Did you want to meet then??

Nya-
Yeah that would be good... Where did you want to meet up?

Jay-
We could meet up in Ninjago Central Park, there's a new ice-cream shop that just opened not too long ago that I've been wanting to try

Nya-
Sounds good to me :) What time?

Jay-
Does noon work?

Nya-
Yup! I'll see you then.

Jay-
👍👍

I plugged my phone in and placed it on my nightstand. Turning my body the opposite direction, I pulled the covers over my shoulder and curled my body inwards.

Why do I feel that I can trust Jay? I can tell he's a good guy, from what I know of, but there's something else about him that I can't pin-point.

Why am I about to openly talk about my past to someone I barely know? These deep feelings I've kept hidden from everyone for years about to be released to a guy I met at a café.

To me it seems crazy, but at the same time there's another deep feeling in me that I can trust Jay. That he's been my lifelong friend.

It's hard to explain, but I'm trusting my feelings this time. I didn't before, and everything turned for the worst.

👁👅👁

Grabbing the mini backpacks from the kids closet and setting it on Sam's bed, I shove in sunscreen, a few snacks, and their ipads they got last Christmas from Skylor.

"I hope you guys are actually brushing your teeth and not playing with the toothpaste!" I project.

"We are!" Sam says muffled, signaling that they're currently brushing their teeth. I smile to myself as I finish packing their bags.

The kids and I got dressed and ate an early lunch before heading over to Kai's apartment.

"How are my favorite kiddos?" Kai said as we walked through the door. He kneeled down to their level as the kids ran and jumped in his arms, causing him to lose his balance.

I sighed as I placed the kids bags on the floor near the front door.

"Nya!" I look up to see Skylor walking into the room. "I haven't seen you in forever, how have you been?" She questions as I take her embrace and sigh.

"I've been okay, nothing going on right now." We break apart.

"Really!?" Skylor sniggers, turning her head and making eye contact with Kai.

"Where are you about to go?" He looks me up and down, making me look down at my outfit. White shoes, black jeans, blue shirt, and a couple of bracelets.

"Oh! I'm um... I'm meeting up with a f-friend."

"A friend?" They both look at me smirking.

"Y-yeah?"

"And do we know this friend of yours?"

"I-I don't think so-"

"Mama is going to see Jay." Sam cuts me off, still fooling with his sister and Kai.