~Chapter 5~ How We Met pt.2

This is the second half of the one-shot HWM! Hope you enjoy!!

Nya POV~ 

It's only been 48 hours since I last saw Sam and Alex and I've got 24 more hours to go. 

When I got back home on Friday, Skylor had spent the night with me to keep me company. To distract me, we watched a movie and ate some popcorn. Nearing the end of the movie though, Skylor had fallen asleep on my couch, leaving me with my thoughts. 

I kept checking my phone to see if I had gotten any texts from Sam, but to my surprise, there weren't any. 

At this point, I'm just asking myself a bunch of 'what if' questions.

'What if something happened?'

'What if Sam's phone died or got taken away so he couldn't contact me?'

'What if Cole really did change and they like him better?'

'What if everything's fine and I'm panicking for nothing?'

I guess all that would be answered on Monday.

----

On Saturday, Skylor went back home and I got to clean the house a little bit. Just the littlest things can distract me. I couldn't go into the children's room though. Looking into their room only allowed intrusive thoughts. 

As I was loading the washer machine, I looked through all the pockets of my jeans and jackets until I came across something thin and soft. I pulled it out to find it was the napkin that Jay gave me the other day with his phone number on it. 

Staring at it for a few, I quickly finished emptying the laundry basket before slipping out my phone and typing in the phone number. Opening my messages, I went to type something before freezing.

'What am I doing?' I thought to myself. I sigh. 

'I have nothing to do today, why not' I then began texting him.

Nya- Hey it's Nya from the café. I was wondering if you'd wanna go out or something? Just to hang out of course.

Jay- Sure! Do you wanna meet at Chen's Noodle House?

Nya- Sounds good to me! What time would be good for you? I'm free all day

Jay- Would 7 work?

Nya- Yup! Sounds good, see you then.

Jay- K, see ya

I smiled to myself, taking out the warm clothing out from the dryer and putting them in the laundry basket. Taking it to my room.

----

A few hours later, after folding the last little bit of mine and the kids clothes and watching a little bit of FireFly Lane, I finally got dressed.

Slinging my purse over my shoulder, I walked out of my apartment wearing a blue tee with black and white sleeves, high waisted ripped jeans, and white converse. I put my hair up in a high pony-tail, leaving my bangs to fall in front. Feeling good about myself, I finally got in my car and left. 

Once I got there, It was a small, yet tall building. Having the restaurant on the lower level and an apartment building above.

Walking through the front door, there were people gathered around all different tables. Hearing the sizzling of frying pans cooking and the chatter amongst people, I looked around until I saw a hand waving in the air. Looking down, I saw the curly haired boy.

As I was nearing the table, Jay actually looked pretty well himself. He wore a dark blue button shirt, along with regular blue jeans and a pair of black Nike's. 

He smiled at me.

Taking my seat, I take off my purse and set it beside me. 

"Hey, how are you?" He spoke first. I look up at him.

"I'm doing good," I smiled. "Sorry for texting last minute, I was trying to get a hold of my ex, but he never responded." I look down, already trying to hold back tears.

When he didn't say anything, I looked up to see the most confused face ever.

"-But anyways, how are you?" I smiled, resting my head on my hand.

"I-I'm good?" He questioned before the waitress came to our table. 

After ordering our drinks and noodles, me and Jay were pulled back into our conversation.

"So tell me a little bit about you." I say energetically. "You've gotten to know a little bit about me, but I don't know anything about you." I point my finger at him.

"My life isn't too interesting," He says leaning back on our booth, crossing his arms. "Just graduated high school a few years ago and I'm trying to get some money for college by working at the café and an auto-body shop."

"You work at an auto-body shop!?" My eyes widen. "I love working with tech stuff!"

"R-really?"

"Yeah! I-" I was cut off when our waitress served our food.

"Thank you." Jay waved at her before she walked away. 

Looking down at my meal, I ordered Moo Goo Gai Pan (which is basically chicken with vegetables) with a side of brown rice. 

Steaming in my face, I looked across from me to see that Jay had ordered Chop Suey( it's a stir-fried dish with meat/pork, eggs, vegetables and sauce) with a side of brown rice, like me. 

During our meal, it was fairly quiet between us, but it wasn't awkward. We were simply enjoying our meals which were delicious by the way! 

After finishing our meals, we just chatted a little bit. Nothin to specific, scattered topics. As I was about to mention about paying, Jay spoke.

"So about earlier, when you were talking about messaging your ex, why?" He raised an eyebrow. "I mean, that is if you wanna tell me!" He nervously chuckles with his cheeks slightly turning pink. 

I guess there is no better time to reveal my feelings I've held in for this long.

"Sam, my son, he hasn't said anything to me." I sigh. "I've tried contacting his cell, but he didn't answer. So I went to Cole, my ex, and he hasn't answered either. So I was getting really stressed out earlier."

"Why were you getting stressed? I mean, there's a million reasons why they probably didn't pick up the phone. Like maybe their phones died, they went out and left them at home, maybe they accidently broke one.." He goes on. With every example, It's true, I don't know what happened. But he doesn't know Cole the way I know him. He could've done something terrible. 

*Snap* *Snap*

I blink a few times, coming back to reality.

"Hey, you okay?" Jay states, snapping his fingers in front of me.

"Wha- oh, yeah! Um, It's getting late so I should probably get going." I started cleaning my surroundings and collected my purse.

"Oh uh, are you sure?" He and I stand up at the same time. I nod.

"Hmh!" I smile. "Thank you again for meeting me here so suddenly." I started walking away. 

"Will I see you again?" I giggle to myself.

"I have no doubt about that!" I went up front, paid for both of our meals, and went home. 

So I changed the ending obviously, but they aren't gonna get together that easily lmao. Btw this is no spoilers, if you've read the one-shot, they basically get together at the end. 

As always, I hope you enjoyed!! And please make sure to leave a vote!! XoXo

This is so random, but I'm starting to get into anime.. Does anyone have any recommendations on Netflix?! Thankssssssss!!!