~Chapter 2~ Constant Nightmares

I jolted awake. Breathing heavily with sweat running down my body. I look to my right to see my daughter Alex. She had both her hands resting on my thigh with a worried expression on.

"Momma?" I take a moment to catch my breathe.

"Yes honey, mommy is alright. It was just a nightmare." I sigh while wrapping my arms around her small figure and rest my head on hers.

Ever since I left Cole a year ago, I've been having very vivid dreams about him. It would start with how me and Cole met. I was in my freshman year of high school and Cole was in his Junior year, along with Kai. It was a Friday night and I was sitting on the bleachers with Skylor watching the football game. We were ahead winning by a lot..

Home: 26

Guest: 0

Once the game was over, me and Sky ran down the bleachers to congratulate Kai- who was indeed in football- and gave him a hug. That's when Kai introduced us to Cole. When I first saw him, he looked me up and down and smirked. When we were about to leave our school, Cole grabbed my hand and took me behind the school and asked me out on a date. Being my old self and teenage hormones, I said yes. 

My dream then goes over all the good times me and Cole had when we went on dates, hanged out with friends, make-out sessions, being spun around after winning another game. But then my dream shifts to the first argument me and Cole had.

I witnessed Cole kissing another girl. 

I finally confronted Cole when we were alone and that's when we had a pretty heated argument and he smacked me for the first time. 

Then in my dream, I'm reminded of all the times Cole abused me, slapped me, raped me, verbally abused me, thrown me down the stairs, cut me, punched me. Each time I remember, I can feel everything, as if it were real. 

It feels real.

It was real.

In the end, I never really escaped from Cole, I'm still trapped in his shadows. The memories. I love my children dearly, but sometimes when I look at them, I see exactly Cole. And I really hate to say this, but just looking at their features makes me wanna cry. 

I beat myself up mentally and physically knowing that I should've said something from the very start when Cole first hurt me. Because I didn't, I put mine and my children's lives in danger. Because of me, they are going to be with their dad for three days without my supervision. Because of me, Sam has bad anxiety and trust issues. Because of me, there are scars on mine and children's bodies.

I really tried though, but I was too scared. Once I finally told Skylor and Kai everything, I felt like 1,000 pounds was lifted off my shoulders, that was until Cole got out of prison and gained some custody over the kids. 

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked down at my beautiful daughter.

"What time is it?" I question before looking at my phone.

5:30pm

"I guess I should start making dinner, huh?" I ask Alex. She nodded with a bright smile. I got up and walked into the kitchen and looked in the pantry before sighing. "Alex, why don't you go wake up your brother, were gonna go have dinner at Auntie and Uncle's house." She gasped before running down the hall and into her bedroom.

I grabbed my phone.

Nya- Hey Kai

Kai- Hey sis, what's up? Everything alright?

Nya- Yeah um, do you mind if me and the kids come over for dinner? I really hate to just invite myself over but I didn't go grocery shopping yet

Kai- Yeah you can come over, you know you don't have to ask.

Nya- I know, but it's rude and I'm not like that

Kai- Okay well Skylor is making spaghetti, I'll just tell her to make extra, no problem

Nya- Thank you so much, we'll be over in 30 minutes

Kai- Alright see you soon! 

I look up from my phone to see Sam and Alex standing in front of me. 

"Are you guys all set to go see your aunt and uncle?" I stated. They both had a huge smile on their faces while they ran to the front door to put their shoes on. 

They both love to go over there.

Sorry for such a short chapter... not even over a thousand lmaoo. Hope you all enjoyed and please leave a vote!! XoXo

Author Note~ 

So I really don't like the schedule for this book, so I'm just gonna post whenever. I should be writing more often, but I just started second semester, so I need to adjust to that. Thank you for understanding!