~Chapter 9~ Playdate

Shorter Chapter :)

( •̀ ω •́ )✧

Kai's POV~

"Nya! We've got it under control, now go enjoy yourself!" I spoke over the phone. "Alright, I'll talk to you later, love you." I hung up.

"All good?" Skylor queried.

"All good," I smiled. Alex came running up to me and jumped into my arms. "We're gonna have these little monkeys for the night!" I ruffled her hair, glancing over to Sam to see him reading on the couch.

"Whe're momma?" Alex pouted.

"She's going out, which means..." I give Alex an eye, "we are going to have a lot of fun together!" I tickled the side of her stomach which threw her into a fit of laughter.

Sam glanced up from his current book. "So mom isn't coming home tonight?" He muttered.

"Sorry Sammy," I turned over my shoulder to look at him, "But hey, at least you get to spend the night with the world's best Uncle and Aunt!" He smiled at me.

I untwisted my body back towards Skylor. She clearly had a facade plastered on her face. My eyebrows creased.

"Alex, can you go watch tv for a minute, please? I need to talk to Auntie Sky." She looked up at me and shook her head, wiggling her way out of my arms and ran towards the couch where her brother laid.

I gave Skylor an eye, motioning her towards the kitchen where the kids wouldn't hear us, but we could still keep an eye on them.

Once we were in the clear, Skylor quickly spoke.

"Kai, I'm really worried for Nya! What if something happens!?" Skylor panics. "We," She breathes, "We don't even know this person she's hanging out with!"

"Skylor, shh," I hugged her as she rested her head on my chest, "His name is Jay Walker."

She looks up at me confused. "Wait, you know him!?"

I nod. "Used to be one of my best friends in high school."

"But," She tried to grasp her head around the statement, "But, earlier today you were questioning where he worked..."

"Well, yeah, I didn't know where he worked. Back in high school, we didn't have a job because we were too busy with sports. I haven't really talked to him since I graduated."

"Which was what... 7 years ago!?"

"Uhhhhh, yeah I guess it has been that long." Realization hits me. "But, Jay's a good person, he literally wouldn't hurt a fly."

Skylor raises an eyebrow at me.

"Yeah, I should probably get in contact with him again." She closes her eyes and nods in approval.

~~~~

"Whe're we goin?" Asked Alex from the back seat. I looked up at my rearview mirror and glanced at Alex, watching her bounce her little legs against the car seat.

"We're getting McDonalds, remember?" She threw her arms up in enjoyment, giggling to herself.

I chuckle lightly while shaking my head, directing my eyes back to the traffic in front of me.

Once we arrived at McDonalds and ordered our meals, I drove around the block to find a small playground for us to sit down and eat.

The kids loved the idea as they were running around like animals; going down slides, swaying on the swing sets, chasing each other until they got distracted with some other attraction on the playground.

I smiled in content, watching them run around care free reminded me back in the day when it was just me and Nya.

I glanced over at Skylor as she finished up the last bit of fries. She eventually caught my drift and tilted her head to the side in question.

"Mhmm?"

"I love you so much, I can't wait to have children of our own." I gushed, making her face fill with redness.

She smiled and shook her head. "Soon."

~~~~

As the day soon settled and the stars started to arise, we made our way home and ended the night in the living room on the couch watching a movie.

Both Sam and Alex were fast asleep within the first 20 minutes, snuggled up on both sides of me and Skylor.

We carefully laid their heads down on a pillow and covered them with a blanket. Eventually making our way to our bedroom to end our day.

"They are just filled with so much energy; I wish I could have it." Skylor stated as she got dressed into her pajamas and snuck her way into our comforter.

I chuckled. "Yeah, I'd definitely take advantage of that." Pulling back the covers on my side of the bed, decompressing my body into the mattress up until my phone went off. I reached over and checked the notification.

"Who's that?" Skylor queried, adjusting herself so her head could rest on my bear chest, hugging me slightly.

I typed something really quick before plugging my phone in and setting it on my bedside. "Nya just texted saying that she made it home safely and that she had a good time." I rested my arms on her back, giving her gentle back scratches.

Skylor sighed, "That's good." She smiled. "Do you think she'll ever find someone?" Her mind started to drift, making her frown.

I hesitantly stopped my movement with my hands, "Eventually," I leaned over to turn off the lamp. "When she's ready."

Hey y'all, been a minute 😉

Hoped you enjoyed this little side chapter, luv ya! ❤️