I didn't want to upset you again

<3 hours later>
(Third person P. O. V)
After the boys were done hugging, a nurse came in to help freshen up Ant. Dec decided that he'd go and get some breakfast for the both of them.
[Back in Ant's room]
(Third person P. O. V)
Dec had just came back and saw Ant looking refreshed and wearing pyjamas Christine brought for him.
"Someone looks more refreshed." Dec kindly complemented.
"Thanks." Ant replied.
Dec then placed a brown bag and two hot drinks on Ant's bedside table. He then handed Ant his drink and kindly said.
"Here you go, just the way you like it."
"Awww Dec, you didn't have to get me this." Ant kindly said as he took the drink.
"Will you stop that nonsense? You've been comatose for a month, barely had any food or drink, you're very weak and you need to get your strength back. Hence why I got you your favourite hot drink and food as well." Dec kindly said as he handed Ant a bacon roll from the bag.
Ant gratefully took the roll and didn't argue back and the two of them then enjoyed their breakfast. After they've had their breakfast, Dec got up to put the rubbish in the bin whilst Ant took a sip from his drink.
"How are you feeling now mate?" Dec kindly asked as he sat on the side of the bed again.
"Lots more better than I was yesterday. Those tubes really did hurt my throat." Ant honestly replied.
"I bet they did." Dec then said.
Ant chuckled a bit which made Dec smile.
"I know I've said this before and I don't care what you say. It's good to have you back Ant." Dec happily said.
"I guess this last month been hard for you, hasn't it?" Ant worriedly asked.
"I'm not going to lie to you Ant. It has." Dec honestly answered.
"How did you manage?" Ant asked again.
"Not to good. There were some days where I couldn't eat and I had to force myself to do it just to please my Mam and Ali. I've had sleepless nights which were worse than when you went back rehab. I was basically just missing you. I think Ali noticed that and she suggested to me to go and visit your Mam yesterday before I came to visit you which I did and it turned out to good." Dec began explaining.
"What did the pair of you talk about?" Ant curiously asked.
"You mostly. Your mam was telling me about the day you were born and how worried she was since you know, you were a premature baby. I clearly understood since I'm now a parent and you do have those doubts. I then mentioned how I haven't been more worried about you since when you went back into rehab and took your break from television. It was then she gave me the letter you wrote for me when you was in rehab. She told me the reason why you wrote it and how you didn't want to give it to me but did honestly tell me that she haven't read it since you left it there." Dec finished saying.
"You read it didn't you? I heard you talking about it last night." Ant ashamedly asked.
"Yes I did and like I said last night, I'm glad I read it because it really did help me understand what was going through your mind back then." Dec honestly replied.
It was then Dec saw Ant turn his head away and started to have tears forming in his eyes again. But before Dec could say anything, Ant then ashamedly said.
"I'm sorry I didn't send it to you when I wrote it. It's just when I wrote it, I read back through it and realised that I couldn't send it because I thought you'd still be upset with me like you were before I went back into treatment. So I decided not to send it and just focus on my treatment and finding myself again."
After he was finished, Ant used the back of his hand to wipe his tears. As for Dec, he was quiet after listening to what Ant was saying about his reason why he didn't send the letter.
Dec then gently sat more closer on the side of the bed, cleared his throat and honestly said.
"I already know some of those reasons Ant since your Mam already told me but hearing what you just said now, has really helped me understand more than I already did. Yes, I was upset with you back then but it was only because I was hurt that you didn't tell me that you weren't yourself and I was at a point that I didn't recognised you, you weren't my Ant. Despite that, I was missing you terribly and found it hard to cope without you. Having you back was the best thing ever because I finally saw the real you again and that made me so happy and relieved that you've found yourself again and wanted to carry on as being me and you. Reading that letter helped me a lot and helped answer questions I kept asking myself whilst you was away and that's the honest truth Ant."
Ant looked at his mate and he could tell from Dec's eyes that he was being honest. He then held Dec's hand and gave it a gentle squeeze to show Dec that he believed him. It was then Ant cheekily asked.
"Does that mean you were also happy when I shaved my beard off as well?"
"Yes it does." Dec replied whilst laughing.
Both two of them laughed. After they calmed down, Dec then said.
"By the way, our Mams, Ali and Isla are coming to visit this afternoon but I'm afraid Anne Marie isn't, she's got stuff to do in London. She does send her apologies."
"That's ok, I understand. It can't be helped since I know what her work is like." Ant replied.
Dec shook his head and happily said.
"It's so good that you're awake. You really did worry everyone when you was comatose."
"I've been meaning to ask, was the little girl I saved alright? I didn't hurt her, did I?" Ant worriedly asked.
"No mate, you didn't. She was ok but the doctors did keep her in overnight for observation. Other than that, she was fine. Thanks to you." Dec reassuringly replied squeezing Ant's hand.
Ant smiled after hearing that, it was then he began to feel tired again and so was Dec. So the two of them then decided to take nap. Ant moved to the side of the bed so Dec can lay next to him again. The two boys then went to sleep whilst holding on to each other.