The Wrong Door

I scramble up the steps out of the station, welcomed by the cloudy sky.

Head down and be quick.

I immediately turn right and rush to the nearest building.

Jesus, my hand hurts.

I reach for the door, finally noticing it. My knuckles are red, bruised, and throbbing.

That's what I get for punching someone.

But why though? Why did I have to get involved?

I don't even know those people.

Inside is a simple, narrow, grey hallway. On either side of me there are plain doors, but at the end of the hall, there's a single, shiny, silver door.

And something is pulling me towards it...

I walk towards the door with hesitance and once I open it, I'm hit with a gust of cold air and momentary darkness. I feel a sudden push through the doorway and I land in the middle of another hallway stretching to the left and right of me.

Only this one seems ancient, made of stone, and lined with torches. There's a window directly in front of me through which I see familiar castle battlements, the edge of a bridge, and a vast land expanding beyond them...

My god.

I'm inside the Telmarine castle.

Well, I guess Aslan now that I'm here.

"HEY YOU! STOP RIGHT THERE!" someone yells.

From about fifty feet away, a guard points at me.

I immediately run in the opposite direction, feeling pain strike my feet as they thud against the hard floor.

This is why people don't wear flats while running.

My heart's pumping. My blood's racing.

For a moment, I look behind me to see if I'm out of reach from the guard.

He's still far.

Slightly comforted but still maintaining my speed, I turn back around and immediately crash into something metal.

FUCK.

I stumble to the ground, clenching my nose and wincing.

I feel blood dripping.

Did I break it?

I hope not.

And Aslan, my head hurts.

I'm picked up from the floor and two metal arms pin mine back.

The other guard comes around to face me, eyeing me up and down with the same focus it takes to remember a person you once knew a long time ago.

No. No. 

Please don't remember. Please don't remember.

Suddenly, his eyes widen.

Shit, he remembers.

"Well, who is it?" questions the Telmarine holding me.

"I'm not sure. She looks familiar. We should bring her to the lords immediately," the guard in front of me replies.

Lords? No, no, no.

I try wiggling my way out from the guard's grip but I'm dragged down the hallway, with the man who examined me walking in front. I continue resisting until we reach a large silver door from behind which I can hear a muffled voice. 

"-breeding like cockroaches under a rock! Waiting to strike!" I hear a deep booming voice accuse. Then I hear a slap and silence.

The Telmarine in front of me seems fearful, but proceeds to enter the room alone. 

"How dare you come in here uncalled? Do you not see that I'm busy?" I hear the same voice yell.

It sounds quite familiar.

"My lords, I'm dearly sorry to interrupt, but we caught a young girl inside the castle. She's not one of the commoners-" the guard states nervously.

"Bring her to me," the voice interrupts.

The door swings open and I'm pushed through into a grey room with high ceilings. There are people sitting in thrones against the walls. I spot Lord Sopespian and General Glozelle to my right, staring in confusion.

Ah. Long time no see.

And in the center of the room is the one and only Lord Miraz. He's standing in front of two other Telmarine guards and some small creature.

He looks exactly the same since the last time I saw him.

Serious. Angry. Cruel.

For a moment, Miraz gazes at me with cold eyes, but promptly, an evil smile spreads across his face. 

"Bring her closer," he orders in a quiet yet chilling voice.

I'm shoved forwards, now in line with the other guards and creature. Miraz slowly approaches and stares down at me. 

And in my peripheral vision, I can see the creature looking up at me. I see something extremely short. Bloody, bruised, and in binds. Blonde wispy hair, a beard, and a crooked nose.

It's not something, it's someone. 

Oh my god.

It's Trumpkin.

They have Trumpkin.

I look back at Miraz as he leans in closer to my face.

Aslan, he's atrocious.

With a grin, he says, "Well, well, well, we meet again, Ace."