Reunited

Alexis' POV.

"Hey Ace."

I think my heart skips a beat. There's no way. Truly, no way.

I whip my head around to the source of the voice, who is none other than the dark-haired boy I fought in battle with just a week ago. It feels like months have passed since.

"Edmund," I say out loud without processing it.

"Alexis."

A small smirk plays on his lips before it breaks into a full grin, likely matching my own. I must look absolutely idiotic, but that's besides the point  because he looks the same and all I care about is that he's here.

"Oh my god," I half-laugh as I get up. My book falls to the ground and his eyes jump to the cover.

"Don't you think that's--"

I don't let him finish as I barrel into him for a hug. Yet in a single second, his arms fully wrap around my waist while mine wrap around his neck. I might be hugging him tighter then I should be, but I need to check he was real. And he was.

"You're really here," I laugh into his shoulder.

"Of course I am." We detangle from each other. "I was not going to let you get away that easy. Plus, your hint was embarrassingly simple. There's only one girl I know who would punch a boy."

"Maybe I did that on purpose." It definitely was. I didn't want to get away that easy myself. "And trust me, every girl would love to punch a boy. I'm just one of the few who wouldn't mind breaking a nail."

He lets out a chuckle. "Charming."

We go silent for a moment, still taking each other in. He's wearing a variation of the Hendon House uniform all the guys wear-- charcoal trousers, white button up shirts, and grey sweater vest-- and it suits him especially well. His hair is in the same messy state as always. His dark eyes have the same glimmer. His cheeks are a light pink tint, which was actually new.

He eyes me over once again. "You look different."

"So do you."

"But good different."

I snort. "Really? I think I look rather dull without my knives."

"How do you think I look without my sword?"

"Good different too."

Now, his blush rises to the tips of his ears, which makes the butterflies in my stomach take flight. Before it can't get any worse, I attempt to change the subject.

"So, what were you saying before?"

"What?" He raises a brow.

"About my book."

"You're reading The Merry Adventures of Robin Hood."

I nod. 

"Bit on the nose, don't you think?"

"Oh, quiet." I give him a light push, which he doesn't mind since he has that playful smile again. "No one else here is none the wiser."

"Well, wait till my siblings see that in your hands."

"Your siblings?" Wow, I've missed them. 

"Oh, right." He smacks a hand to his forehead. "We planned to meet for lunch. Please, tell me you have nowhere to be right now." 

"There's no where I'd rather be."

"Perfect." He grabs my wrist and pulls me forward. "Let's go."