chapter two

july 27

"get up punk," i say while hitting caï in the head waking him up abruptly. Makeout (band) is playing in the back. we've stopped by a gas station to fill up the tank & release ours. i hop out of the car and go over to xavier's side taking him out. symere gets out from the back and we walk into the gas station.

"you can only get two things symere!" i warn. i opted out on buying our snacks since i'm kind like that, but that doesn't change the fact that i am broke and jobless now. back home i was babysitting and making bank from that. everyone came to me for babysitting. sadly though, i no longer have that job.

symere groaned from my remark and rolled his eyes. "how about three things?" he tests while wriggling his eyebrows. kids.

"no. i said two, so it's two. hurry up."

i grab six snacks, two for xavier, two for me, and two for dad. caï got a bag of chips and symere got an icee and skittles. i pay for our snacks and we head out. i was rushing to leave because xavier is really fucking heavy and i have no upper body strength. i could have let him down but he can be quite the devil child when he wants to be. once we walk up to the car i hand xavier to caï.

"have fun with that," i smirk and jump into the front seat handing my dad his snacks.

"w-what?!" caï groans. "i thought you were joking about changing seats."

"neverrr that," i laugh.

"hey, how about i sit in the front seat and you guys sit in the back. that way it's fair for both of you!" says symere.

caï responds, "ya know, that actually sounds really smart!"

"wait, for real?" questions symere.

"no. in your dreams."

"you're basically five, it's illegal for you to sit in the front," i chime in.

"that's not true at all and you know it! i'm eleven!" he yells defensively as he goes to his seat in the back.

"sorry kid, you'll have your chance one day," dad says.

"so close yet so far," i joke.

i look down to my phone so i can play music and see more texts than usual.

auggie

i miss u already bitch
how's the drive?
is your brother still as hot as usual?

did u die? ur bf won't stop bothering me cause he thinks ur dead.
i may just have to kill him he won't stop blowing up my phone
ok it's official, im blocking him.

jaspiez

hi beautiful :p
how's the drive?

babe?

im rlly bored rn. wanna play game pigeon?

i know you're awake. you texted me thirty minutes ago saying you left.

omg did you get eaten by a demagorgen?
babeeee plz i need closure atleast. was the demagorgen nice?
ok i'm calling august
august blocked me i think

   "your boyfriends such a dork," caï scoffs.

   "what'd he say i can barely read the tiny screen," symere asks nosily.