chapter twelve

august thirteenth

my first week of junior year hasn't been too bad. ive shown up to school high and drunk once or twice, it definitely made things more bearable. ive began to make some friends yasmin and i have gotten closer. she came over to my house on wednesday after school and we talked (and drank) for hours. she's really cool, unlike heather. she's been a total bitch in school trying to maintain her "popular" status. when i talk to her our conversation are short, which i don't mind.

"why are you friends with her?," i ask yasmin.

"she hasn't always been like that. i know how she really is so i put up with the bullshit," she explains.

the gang and i have also gotten closer. we hang out almost every day and it's really cool to have them as friends. i go to their band practices and watch over manny too. symere, greg, and rowley seem to be the best of friends. my dad has adjusted well to the move and loves his job.

right now i'm at some sort of campsite with the boys (minus bill because he's on a date with his bf) and chris' girlfriend, toni, who sadly doesn't go to school with us. she goes to some private school near here.

   a small bonfire sits lit infront of us as music plays in the background and empty beer bottles surround us. we all sit in a circle and talk, cracking jokes and getting stoned.

    "maybe we are teenage alcoholics, but who cares," i sigh swigging beer into my mouth. i'm not the biggest fan of beer, but it's all we have.

   "and drug addicts," rodrick chimes in laughing.

   we sit in comfortable silence for a second until ben  comes up with an idea holding up his freshly finished beer bottle. "let's play spin the bottle."

   "we aren't seven ben," caï chuckles.

   "apparently some of us are," toni adds.

   "come on guys, it'll be fun. and if you don't want to kiss the person then you have a punishment."

   "what would that punishment be?" i ask.

   "i haven't gotten that far," ben answers looking off to the side.

   "how about, you have to supply that person with a bottle of their drink of choice?" rodrick decides.

   "i'm cool with that," ben says.

   "i hear alcohol and i comply," caï nods.

   "i don't want to kiss any of you," chris says receiving a look from toni. "besides you of course," he smiles.

   "it's platonic, come on guys, maybe i can kickstart my relationship with mileena," ben whines.

   i look over to the boy flicking him off sticking my tongue out.

   "im not kissing my sister," caï announces.

   rodrick looks over to caï and states, "well of course not. we don't condone incest or incestious activities here."

   we all laugh and ben sets down the bottle. toni gets off of chris' lap taking a seat of her own.

   "are we ready?" ben asks.

   we all nod our head or reply saying "yes."

   ben starts the game off twisting the bottle. it lands on him and caï, who sits right beside me.

   "fuck, no, why!" ben groans.

   "so close yet so far buddy," i giggle.

   "you either kiss me or get me a bottle of smirnoff, what's your choice," caï teases.