chapter eight

august eight

    within minutes rodrick's house gets packed full of teens. arctic monkeys blasts in the back while people dance with each other.

   "i can't believe it's already packed!" i yell over the music to jasper.

   "it's crazy!" he yells.

   "want another shot?" i ask.

   "nah, im not going to drink anymore. don't wanna be hungover," he replies. "let's dance."

   jasper grabs my waist and brings me into a the area where everyone's dancing. from the corner of my eye i spot a girl grinding on ben. not surprising. chris is talking to a girl in the corner and they both laugh. i wonder if that's the girl he's crushing over.

   my boyfriend pulls me out of my trance and twirls me around. "let loose baby!" he yells.

   i begin dancing on him and we laugh. after a while of dancing he pulls away saying he was going to grab some soda. i begin looking for a familiar face in the crowd and spot rodrick drinking from a cup and looking at everyone around him.

   "hey friend," i say.

   "hey mils," he smiles handing me his cup. "it's hennessy with lemonade."

   i take a drink and enjoy it. "one of the best mixes," i laugh.

   rodrick nods in agreement and we begin a conversation.

   "the party's doing good so far," i tell him.

   "let's hope it stays this way," he smiles.

    "wanna smoke?" i ask grabbing a joint out of my boob. rodrick looks at me with a surprised look on his face and laughs. "i had no where else to put it!" i laugh.

   rodrick pulls out a lighter from his pocket and we share the joint.

   "where's your boyfriend?" rodrick asks.

   "he said he was going to get something to drink," i reply blowing out smoke. i pass the joint to rodrick and he starts blowing o's. "impressive," i smirk.

   "practice makes perfect," he grins and hands the joint back to me. "i'm going to go sell some pills."

   and with that, he walked away. i decide to grab some more alcohol since i've only taken a shot and a sip from rodrick's cup. when i walk into the kitchen i see caï making out with some random girl against the counters. mentally vomiting i poor myself more than enough vodka. a girl walks up to me and says hi.

   "hi, i'm lana," she says.

   "hey, i'm mileena," i reply smiling.

   "i've never seen you before, are you new?" she asks.

   "yeah, i just moved into town," i say taking a sip from my drink.

   "how'd you get invited?" she asked.

   "i'm friends with rodrick."

   she looks at me shocked, "rodrick?!"

   "yeah?" i say confused.

   "sorry, it's just that rodrick doesn't have many friends. he's the mysterious kid at school that everyone likes," she says rolling her eyes.

   i begin laughing and so does she we talk for a while before she says , "well, i hope to see you later or at school, i'm gonna go dance."

   "yeah, bye lana," i grin.

    i smoke from my joint for a bit more before leaving the kitchen. caï left with the girl to god knows where. i begin looking around for jasper and i finally find him. he was talking to some random guys  in a hallway.