Chapter 40

Morning came in softly and beautifully as Maria spend time with her beloved and son secretly at the castle. Damian was well aware of the child's gender but didn't knew about Rieka and Cole's arrival at the castle. To ensure her beloved's safety she removed Cole's scent from her room as they spend more time at his room.

"Can I get you anything else? " he asked gesturing to Maria's position at bed. She had the pillow to elevate her back from the bed and another one under her knee. While the baby rests at her chest.

"My feet swells a little, maybe I need Atticus for a small massage. " she shyly spoken.

"As your mate,I would like to offer my assistance, I know how-"

"I'm ticklish, remember?" she grinned.

"Well, can I at least try tormenting you with a ticklish massage? " he cocked his head as she chuckled and agreed. He was gentle and was easy on her foot. He wasn't pressing too hard and made sure to watch her reactions in every points he touched at her feet. She was squirmed and making gibberish sounds as he let out a smile.

"Okay, that's it. You're great but I need an expert at my foot. " she laughed as her hand wrapped against the baby's back. He later found his head buried at Maria's neck, inhaling her sweet scent alongside their newborn son. Little Talvir woke up for a little while from his slumber as he opened his little eyes. Sucking lightly at his thumb and looked around with his new environment. Though a human baby couldn't distinguished colors, shifters tend to have an early gift of sight and familiar objects after birth. They share a few experiences with their mother and would know who to be trusted or bond with. Somehow like imprinting oneself.

"He looks just like you. " she cooed at Talvir as she glanced over Cole's resting face.

"He does, though I hope he would have looked more like you. "

"Why so? "

"Because I like seeing your face more, they say that we are born with faces of those we deeply loved from our past. " he murmured and kissed her cheek.

"Well that is a beautiful thought-" her face become stoic as her eyes widen in shock. Her lips quiver in a bit of disgust and checked at Talvir's small bum.

"You forgot to put his little cloth didn't you? " she snickered. Gesturing to the little mess Talvir had both him and his mother wet.

"I did?!" The Prince made an embarrassing smile and changed the baby's clothes and made sure to put in the reusable cloth for the baby to pee in later. Maria suggested that, after having experiences with Lilith having rashes from diapers.

He carefully put his son aside at his crib as he helped Maria changed from her night gown.

"You might, want to look away..." Her voice was ashamed with her form.

"My babymate, I have already seen you all bare from head to toe. There is nothing to be ashamed of. " he kindly smiled and kissed her cheek as a form of reassurance.

"I know that but... Having twins, they were both... Well. " she shown off her lower abdomen with a lump of little fats and stretch marks.

He had his fingers trace her marks as he held her close.

"It is nothing to be ashamed of, female shifters proudly show off their after pregnancy marks as an indication that they are fertile and mated." He proudly boosted as he slipped out her night gown and had another spare one prepared earlier by Laylana.

"It's just that... Vampires aren't supposed to have marks at their body. Especially if I am Queen, I need my body scar free to show off my nobility and beauty. I am not that alluring to other eyes, that's why to maintain a small and lovely frame would be enough to satisfy the people's eyes. " she sadly spoke as tears left her weeping eyes.