Festival Friends 4: Ping-Pong in Pajamas!

I'm a little behind on my Food Wars, but my favorite character was long decided! This girl is just too sweet!

"Great, sounds like another chick-flick chapter." Deadpool remarked.

Festival Friends 4: Ping-Pong in Pajamas!

Tōtsuki Culinary Academy was considered the most prestigious cooking school on Earth. Whenever Cooking Fest rolled around, its students were taken on an intergalactic field trip to Aquaria. They were even encouraged to create and share their recipes with the festival-goers; most particularly, the critics. The students knew they would be up against harsh criticism and humiliation, just as the teachers planned.

"This oden makes me feel as if I am boiling in a vat of rotten milk." Anton Ego hissed harshly, a group of customers listening to him. "If I'm not boiling in soup, I can hardly expect to die with dignity."

"At least the Miso Kusudama melts well in your mouth." Beerus said as he ate a pale-brownish ball. "If you excuse the fact that it looks like it was rolled up by dung beetles."

"The Three Kinds of Onigiri look like a chill group hangin' in an alley." Tom Haverford said as he took pictures of a tray with six riceballs, each pair having different toppings. "They look cool, but mess with them, and they'll twist your world around."

"Will you just eat them?!" Beerus shouted.

"And I'm not seeing a single fly in any of these recipes!" a Mobian lizard named Albus Duckweed complained (from Amphibia). "What, do you not serve to lizards? What kind of cook doesn't consider the needs of any potential customers? Remind me not to eat at YOUR restaurant! Like you could ever work at one."

The criticisms sparked snickering out of the nearby customers, much to the shame of Megumi Tadokoro, her yellow eyes curved sadly with blushes on her cheeks. She had dark-blue hair tied in pigtails, a light-green, patterned, button-up shirt, a straw sun hat, and blue jeans with brown boots. Megumi had the weakest grades going into the academy and had only barely managed to hone her skills enough to stay onboard. Even though her confidence had been growing, even though she learned to abandon her stage fright, being here on this island was reigniting some old feelings.

That night, the students, like everyone else, returned to their designated rooms at the hotels. Megumi changed to her pajamas, a pink shirt and pants with white polka-dots, her hair hanging down. On her way to the bathroom, she was approached by a charming young boy with spiked red hair, a grayish-blue T-shirt, and light-gray pants. "Man, those critics were all over you today, Megumi!" he said spiritedly.

"I felt like I was getting beat up on the playground!" Megumi yelled, flustered. "I just wanted to disappear... I don't understand, Sōma. I thought I was getting better, but..."

"Just hang in there and keep cooking! The festival isn't about proving who's the greatest chef, it's about showing everyone what we're made of. This island is just another stepping stone for us!" he declared with an enthusiastic grin and fist-pump.

"If this island is a stepping stone, I guess that makes us ants." Megumi smiled.

"Darn right we are! Tōtsuki ants!"

"Eh heh heh." Megumi laughed at the awkward remark. "But I'll keep trying! Thanks, Sōma."

"Hey, there's a Ping-Pong table a few floors up. Wanna see if anyone wants to play~?"

"Maybe I will. But there's some leftovers in my room, I think I'll finish those first."

"See you in a bit then!" With that, Sōma turned to head for the stairs.