Chapter 1: The Unexpected

I threw my bag down onto my chair as soon as I got home. Sure, most people aren't expected to live with their parents they're twenty years old, but make an exception for me. I work part time at the local grocery store, and have barely ever get gigs at cafes.

Now though, I just record my stuff and post it online, original songs and covers. I've gotten pretty popular; all without ever showing my face. Or telling who my brother is. Toby, or more popularly known as Tubbo, has a lot more followers than I probably ever will, and he's a seventeen year old who plays Minecraft. He's lucky. He has his life figured out, he knows what to do with it. I on the other hand, am a complete mess. I do take online university classes, though, and balancing all the work is worse than being the only waiter waiting on a table of eight.

But now I'm going to do what I always do when I'm stressed. I sing and play the guitar. Cliche, I know. But I helps me, and that's what matters. I started playing the tune of These Are My Friends by lovelytheband, and started singing.

I finished, and I heard commotion coming from the room on the right of mine. Toby? Why is he yelling? I raised an eyebrow, taking off my guitar and turning off my amp. I walked to his room and opened the door.

"Toby are you okay-" I stopped when he spun around and faced me, eyes darting from his monitor to me.

"well shit." I mumbled.

Slowly I tried to walk out of my brothers room, a forced smile on my face, "Just checking up on you. Enjoy your stream." 

Before he could say anything else. I made my way to the bathroom, and looked at myself in the mirror. My face had flushed red from embarrassment. Guess it's what I get for not knocking first. Though, Toby is the kinda guy to just let you waltz right on in no matter who you are. Who knows the crazy theories that are going to be going around now. It's not like I look anything like him or my sisters.

After all, I'm not their real sister anyways.

I pushed the thought away, and instead inspected myself. It was true though. I really don't look anything like them. My thick wavy dirty blonde hair cut into a messy style to right above my shoulders. My skin is fair, with freckles dotted all around, and not just my face. Maggie, our mom, tells me they compliment my heterochromia, the condition that makes my one eye a light blue, and the other a deep brown. You'd have no idea how many stupid people asked if it effects my eye sight.

It's why I prefer to stay inside. Nothing about me is what people would call pretty. Sure I get stared at sometimes when I go to the store, but that's just because of either my eyes or the fact that I flip people off who are going the wrong way down the aisle. 

Yet now my face is going to be on the internet. Something I tried hard to avoid. There was a knock on the bathroom door. I turned and opened it to see Toby standing there.

"I'm sorry, I should've told you I was streaming when I heard you get home." He looked genuinely upset, and I just smiled.

"Why are you so upset? It was bound to happen eventually." He still looked a bit upset, so I nudged him with my elbow, "Hey, now I can play with you and no one will question it."

Well, okay, so I'm not his sister but we are related. His mom is... was my dads cousin. And as my only sane living relative, child protective services sent me here. Although they welcomed me with open arms, and told me I'm part of the family, I don't feel like I belong. I feel like I messed was that one extra puzzle piece that no one knows what to do with, so they threw it in  box with another puzzle hoping no one noticed.

"Well, I'm still streaming if you wanna join." Toby smiled. I smiled back.

"Of course I do. I just hope I don't embarrass you." I winked and laughed, and he did too.

I was just wearing a dark purple hoodie and black leggings. Nothing too special. Just proof I got out of bed this morning. We walked back into Toby's room, and he pulled up a chair for me giving me a headset.

"I'm back chat! And I'm not alone this time!" He grinned and looked at me, "This is my older sister, Delilah."

I smiled and did a little wave, "Hello, everyone."

"She's going to be answering any questions that you have that have been flooding my chat." He grinned, and I stared at him wide eyed. I glared at him, mouthing to him screw you. He just laughed a bit.

He knows I get nervous when talking to people. I gulped and scanned through the chat, "How old am I? I'm twenty years old."

"Was that you singing in the background?" I paused for a moment, hesitating before answering honestly, "Uh, yeah."

"She has a YouTube channel called SootheYourSorrows! Go check her out! Oh, she's also on Spotify!" Toby beamed, and I felt my cheeks turn red.

"Shh!" I scrunched up my nose at him, and he just laughed. Then there was a text to speech message.

"Who do you watch on twitch/YouTube?" It asked, and I thought for a moment.

"I guess I watch Dream, Technoblade, Wilbur Soot, TheEret, CrankGamePlays, Markiplier, and if I'm being totally honest I still watch Ldshadowlady. Though I do enjoy watching people whose faces I can see." I laughed.

"Delilah, I thought you watched my streams too?" Toby whined, and I put a hand up to my mouth, stifling a laugh.

"You're my little brother." Was all I could say, pretending I don't watch his streams.

Then another text to speech thing came in, "Ha. Guess I'm more popular than you Tubbo. Great save, Delilah."

"Technoblade! Why!?" Toby whined again, causing my to laugh, my cheeks flushing red because Technoblade actually spoke to me.

"Thank you." I said through a laugh. 

I looked down at the chat as it flooded with questions about my eyes. I shifted uncomfortably. Can't I do one thing without someone making a comment about them. Toby sensed my uncomfort, and searched the chat for a better question. Right at the best time, a text to speech came through.

"I heard you watch my streams, Delilah. I thought you watched people who's faces you could see."

It was from Dream. Why were two popular people who I watch watching this?

I rolled back my shoulders, "Well, I find you amusing. I like the mystery of not knowing what you look like. I try my best not to assume, but I would like to think you look pleasing enough."

Tubbo gasped, and he suggested we start playing a game.

"Hmmm...." I thought for a moment, then an evil grin came on my face.

"I know that look. Don't even dare..." He eyed me suspiciously, and my smirk grew even wider.

"Let's play FNaF."

"Noooo!" Toby whined, and I laughed evilly as the chat start chanting play FNaF for Delilah, "Stop it you simps! Not for my sister!"

Another text to speech came through, "Too late." All three came right after each other, the second one saying, "Wellll..." and the last one, "What's done is done."

The first was from Technoblade, and I snickered. The second was from Wilbur Soot, which again made me blush because I totally simp for random guys on the internet who play Minecraft with my brother. The last was from Dream, and who knows how red my face was because the chat was now just spamming the words "simp" and "FNaF".

What a fun face reveal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi people reading this, I hope you've enjoyed the first chapter of this book. Please comment and/or vote if you would like to and like this! If you don't I'm not sure if you like it or want me to change it at all.

Anyways, Byee!