Chapter Seven: I'd Love To

Delilah sighed, smacking her head down against her notebook on her desk. She was trying to come up with song ideas, but there was nothing. She hated being in a rut like this. Most of the time she would play video games with Toby, but he's in the middle of a stream and she doesn't feel like being entertaining. 

Though, there was one person who she knew that would play Bed Wars with her. Delilah scanned through her discord, finding the person she wanted. He was online. Perfect. She grinned, typing into their messages.

LetTheMusicSootheYourSorrows: Hey, I know we haven't talked much, but wanna play some Bed Wars with me? or UHC teams?

It took a moment for the reply, but he did reply rather quickly.

Technoblade: You're right. We haven't talked much. How do I know this isn't some weird trick?

LetTheMusicSootheYourSorrows: Because even through texting I'm a horrible liar. I was raised otherwise, and honesty is important. Besides, what's the harm in entertaining a girl for a bit?

She could practically hear him sigh.

Technoblade: Alright. I'll entertain you, Miss Beckett-Smith. 

Soon enough, she got ready and hopped into a call with him. Delilah's face cam was already on, so why bother turning it off? She mentioned not to feel pressured to turn on his own camera.

"You know, I just realized your last initials are BS. Are you a bullshitter, Miss Beckett-Smith?" He laughed as she shot him a glare.

"Definitely not a bullshitter. I have no reason to be. Honesty is the best quality, and I'm sure you'll show me plenty of other great ones today." She joked, smiling.

He raised an eyebrow curiously, despite knowing that she couldn't see him. There was something that made him so curious about her. The way she seems so confident and smooth, but when she sings, there's so much emotion behind it. With every word she speaks there's a meaning behind it, as if she knows exactly what words she's using and why she's using them.

Even through her over-sharing, even that seems somewhat calculated. He smiled as she tilted her head, raising an eyebrow, a grin on her face, "You still there, Mr. Blade? Did I break you?" She laughed, and he did too.

"I'm just trying to figure you out, that's all. Can I say that I find you very interesting, Miss Beckett-Smith?" He kept his tone calm and smooth, and Delilah's cheek's got a bit red. She cleared her throat.

Smiling, she said, "Of course you can. But think about that later, we're playing some Bed Wars. Show me that you're truly as talented as they say you are. No distractions."

He laughed, "Then maybe you should stop being so distracting."

"I'll try." She scoff-laughed, "But I'm just so great, I know no one can resist looking at my beautiful face." She crossed her blue and brown eyes, making duck lips and peace sign.

Techno laughed again, smiling. She wasn't wrong, she is beautiful. The way her eyes sparkled in the light, with curiosity and overall like a ball of sunshine. 

The two talked and played games for a while, at least until Delilah had gotten tired, and started yawning.

"Mmm." She yawned, stretching her arms behind her head. She gave Technoblade a sleepy smile, "Well, I'm very tired, and should probably get some sleep. I had a lot of fun. We should do this more often."

"We will."

"Oh?" Delilah raised an eyebrow sleepily, "You sound confident about that."

"I'm just learning from the best." He purred, "Besides, like I said, I find you interesting. The only way to fulfill my curiosity is get to know you."

She laughed, "Wait to be disappointed, buddy. Anyways, I'll talk to you later. Byeee." She waved goodbye on camera, and he said goodbye as well.

When they hung up, he leaned on his fist. There it was. The small alter in the way she spoke when she said he'd be disappointed when he got to know her. The falter in her confidence, as if she doesn't like who she is. Like it was more of her telling herself she's disappointed in herself rather then telling him he's going to be disappointed.

It made him want to prove to her that she's great. And he doesn't know why, but his fingers moved to his keyboard.

Delilah heard her phone ding, and before falling asleep, she picked it up, checking discord.

Technoblade: I'd say you're the best PVP player I've met, but I already know myself. It'd be great if you'd show me more of what you're good at.

Delilah smiled and laughed tiredly, falling asleep halfway through trying typing a reply with heavy eyes.