Chapter 15: Scouting Ahead

The morning sun woke me out of my sleeping state as Amiya knocked on my door.

"Doctor, wake up! Kal'Tsit is going be mad if you aren't ready for the mission today!"

I lazily start to sit up in my bed. I spent much of the night reading the Bible I found. It was much more, fascinating then I gave my mother credit for. The scientist in me is more interested in giving much of these things reasons for existing while the new sympathetic and perhaps more spiritual side of me is open to it, I haven't even gotten out of Genesis yet and I should be more open to what my mother believed in before coming to my preconceived notions of reality before tossing it aside. I wonder what Kal'Tsit would think of it?

I get out of my bed, take a shower, brush my teeth and get my gear on.

I open the door as Amiya sits against the opposite wall while she was on her phone playing a game.

"Amiya! I'm finally ready, what're you playing on your phone?" I ask.

"Oh, just some tower defense game I found on the app store," Amiya replies putting her phone away.

"Ah, ok. Lets hit the mess hall before me leave. Its good to have some food in us." I state.

Amiya gives me an interesting look.

"What're you looking at me for?" I ask.

"Well, seeing you eat should be interesting," She states.

Again I ponder on her words.

I pass by a few operators who smile at us, while others only give Amiya attention.

It makes sense for a few operators like Doberman and others like her to still feel sore at me for how I treated our previous operators in the past. There is still much to do for the living still.

When I reach the mess hall, a few look at the doors while some drop their plates to the ground at the sight of me.

A few look at me while some go back to their work just eyeing me while I wait in line.

"Amiya, why is everyone looking at me?" I whisper.

Amiya chuckles and ignores me.

I reach the end of the line with some eggs, fruit and toasts.

I pay for Amiya's food and mine and we start to look for seats as Blaze waves us over.

I sit next to Blaze while Amiya sits across from me.

"Good morning Amiya!" Blaze yells as she runs over to give Amiya a death hug.

"YOUR TOO ENERGETIC! BLAZE!" Amiya chokes out.

Blaze lets her go and comes back to sit with me.

"How are you doing today Doctor," Blaze asks.

A small figure on the other side of Blaze looks over to see me.

"Good Blaze. I had a very restful sleep." I replied.

"By the way Doctor, it seems weird to see you here," Blaze says eagerly looking at me.

"Hmmm, ah yes, you are right. I guess I never realized that I've never come here." I replied.

I start to take off my head gear as I hear the doors open.

Every Operator in the mess hall looks toward me as I hear Kal'tsit yell Doctor.

Silence falls every Operator as everyone starts talking amongst themselves.