Chapter 18: Unlikely Allies

"What is it.... W?" I ask.

"You always hate it when I call don't you?" She replies.

I stay quiet.

"Well if you must know, Reunion isn't working out." She admits.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Well, lets just say that the Reunion leader and I had a falling out and I need someplace to call my own." She replied.

"So your asking me to let you return?" I ask.

"Something like that yeah. I think it would be most interesting to see the looks on all those cute operators faces to see a devil of Reunion working with them. HAHAHAHA!" W states.

"Sure," I reply.

"...."

"..."

"That's it?" W replies dumbstruck.

"Why not, you worked with us in the past, you have a bunch of info on Reunion and your record has quite the impressive qualifications for the job. I'll get a contract ready for your arrival." I stated.

"There's something else isn't there?" W asked.

"W, let me be honest with you: I owe you." I stated.

"Owe me for what?" W asked.

"Theresa," I stated, "I'll talk more when you get here."

I hung up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I watched the sun in the sky that morning rise. The night that W called me was rather interesting.

- "Kal, get me a contract ready for a new operator joining Rhode Island." I asked.

"What do you mean?" Kal asked.

"An operator contacted me wanting to join Rhode Island, I'm sure she will make a great asset to the team." I stated.

"Hmmm, if you say so." Kal replied. 

Amiya barged into Kal's room.

"Hello Doctor." Amiya greeted.

"Amiya, let everyone know that we will have a operator joining Rhode Island tomorrow." I told Amiya.

"A new operator, this is exciting news given these past few days. I'll make sure we have everyone ready to greet them." Amiya stated.

Amiya excitedly left the room.

Kal looked at me weird, "I got a bad feeling about this."

"Don't worry about it Kal, I need you to make one extra addition to the contract if you can." -

As I remember the past, my phone goes off.

"Yes?" I ask.

"I'm here." W replies.

"I'll let them know, wait by the door. I'll let you in." I tell W.

We hang up.