Chapter 7: Lungmen

"Looks like we finally made it." I spoke up.

By the time we had made it to the outer gates of Lungmen, heavy rain started pouring.

"Kal, you said we were meeting someone to take us to speak with Wei Yenwu?" I asked her.

"Yes. He said the Operator's name was Ch'en. One of his top operators, she's the head of the Special Inspection Unit." Kal responded.

"Hard to imagine why they would need a special operations team to deal with visitors or people wanting to immigrate into Lungmen."

"Probably because of Reunion. Lungmen is a heavy target for Reunion due to its... rather harsh ways of dealing with infected."

"Indeed. Lets not delay too long. Wouldn't want to keep Lungmen waiting."

After Kal and I had spoke, we walked up to the main gate of Lungmen's border. 

A multitude of Chernobog survivors waited at the gates to be let in. They yelling at the guards to let them in to seek shelter.

I saw as women with their children beg to be let in or Reunion would kill them right there.

We eventually made it to a side door on the outer wall where a guard stood watch.

"Identification please." the guard stated coldly.

Kal and I pulled out our Rhode Island I.D. cards.

The guard took them and looked them over.

"Wait here please." The guard responded.

He went through the door and disappeared.

A moment later a few guards poured out with an operator with them.

"Dr. Kal'Tsit, good to see you." Ch'en spoke up.

"Likewise Ch'en," Kal responded.

"I assume you're the leader of Rhode Island?" Ch'en said to me while looking at me.

"Yes, is Wei ready for us?" I asked.

"The Chief Executive is ready for you. I'll escort you myself there. Please, follow me." Ch'en stated.

The mobile city of Lungmen lit up the night sky in brilliant colors and life

The mobile city of Lungmen lit up the night sky in brilliant colors and life. The city has known great prosperity due to its high upper class wealth and influence over the city.

"The city seems to be doing rather well." I spoke up.

We were heading to Wei's office via limo. Our whole squad as well as Ch'en's elite and personally handpicked operator squad.

"Under the reign of Wei Yenwu, Lungmen as been able to survive by pulling all of our resources together as well as strict immigration policy in order to keep out Reunion's influence from being able to invade the city. We get by, by being focused and united under the banner of Lungmen. I'm sure that Rhode Island sees the same." Ch'en responded.

"Yes, for the most part." I responded.

"However, given Reunion's proxy as well as the influx of Chernobog survivors, it seems as though Lungmen requires aid from Rhode Island." Ch'en spoke.

"Rhode Island is happy to help, as long as the requirements are met." Kal responded.

"Of course, whatever terms you and Wei Yenwu come to, I will oblige nonetheless. After all you will be working directly under me regardless of the situation." Ch'en Responded.

"I see." I responded.

"It seems we are here. Lets not keep the Chief waiting." Ch'en responded.

Our squad got out of the Limos outside of the Lungmen Executive Building.

"He'll be at the top floor. However, your squad will have to wait in the lobby while the three of us go to meet him." Ch'en responded.

"That's understandable." I responded.

"Blaze, keep an eye open to see if we are being watched. I have a feeling Lungmen like to keep tabs on their allies." I told Blaze quietly.

"Understood. I'll let the others know as well." Blaze responded.

"Alright, lets go." I announced.

Ch'en, Kal and I all took the elevator while our squad and Che'n's wait at the lobby. Ch'en pushed the button for the top floor.

"I should warn you," Ch'en started, "That should you attempt anything or are thinking of betraying us at the last minute, I'll cut you down before you do."

Ch'en stared into my eyes with a murderous intent and clenched one of her swords tightly.

I looked back into her eyes and for a moment we could communicate our intentions through glances alone.

"I understand if you do as well." I responded.

Ch'en merely looked away but I knew that we both understood each other's feelings.

The elevator beeped and we disembarked onto the top floor.

A receptionist to Wei's office greeted us and she let Wei knew we were outside. His door swung open and we entered.