Chapter 22: Operation - Winter's Wrath

Kal and I walked down the corridors of Rhodes Island passing Operator dorms and civilian living areas.

"I've come up with a suitable squad for us," Kal started, "Our squad will consist of Ifrit, Blaze, Skyfire, Flamebringer, Reed, Lava, Nightingale, Nian and Blemenshine. Their arts should prove useful against Frostnova's abilities."

"Of course W will be joining us as well. Her knowledge of Frostnova could be useful." I replied.

"Your probably right about that. Just make sure she doesn't cause a problem for us. She is YOUR responsibility after all." Kal replied passive aggressively.

"I know you two don't get along so well, but I promise she is a useful asset. The others are doing their part to make sure she feels at home." I replied compassionately.

Kal sighs.

"I'll do what I can." Kal replied.

"AW! Dr. Kal'tsit doing her best to make me feel at home!? That's a laugh." W sneered.

We turned to see W leaning on a wall looking at us as we walked down the corridor.

"Hello... W." Kal greeted with a sigh as she rubbed her eyes.

"You could at least try to be happy as you greet me." W grinned as she taunted Kal.

W turned to see me.

"Good morning Doctor, good to see you well." W greeted me with a similar sarcastic greeting, but I could feel the genuine kindness from her statement.

W started walking with us. Kal to my right, and W to my left.

"So, what's the plan of attack against Frostnova?" W asked resting her arms behind her head.

"We've selected Operators with pyrokinetic based arts and medics and defenders who specialize in arts protection. This should be effective against Frostnova's abilites... unless you know something we don't?" Kal stated with a question.

"No, that should be fine. Frostnova's abilities are all ice focused. Although, I'm more happy to see you and Doctor get along Dr. Kal'tsit." W replied.

"Why do you say that?" Kal asks confused.

"Because it would make taking the Doctor that much funner!" W replied.

"Wait, what!?" I asked confused.